What happens if you text someone you have blocked?
THEMAINKATIE

I blocked someone through the Verizon Block page and then while having a sentimental moment I texted them. Do they get my texts?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What happens if you text someone you have blocked?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any misinformation. We want to clarify what was previously said about sending a message to a blocked number. If you have blocked a phone number via our website, you are still able to call and message that contact. The block works in one direction only - meaning that the blocked person is unable to call/message you, but you will still have the option to call/message them. 

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes.  Blocking them keeps them from calling/texting you.

THEMAINKATIE

I know they can't contact me.

But if I text or call them, do they get my messages?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

THEMAINKATIE wrote:

As noted earlier, yes. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

THEMAINKATIE wrote:

As noted earlier, yes.

That assumes, of course, that they haven't blocked you.

THEMAINKATIE

THEMAINKATIE-

As your advocate, I definitely want to clarify the blocking option to ensure there are no confusions. When you block someone from My Verizon, it prevents the other person from calling/texting you. It also prevents you, the account owner from calling/texting such number. You and the blocked number will get a message that the call is being restricted. However, if you try to send a text message, you will receive a Verizon Wireless message that the number has been blocked; therefore, the message was not sent. Please know that if you and the blocked number have an iPhone, the message may still send via iMessage which works over WIFI. What make/model phone do you have?

CarmenT_VZW

Message edited as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As your advocate, I definitely want to clarify the blocking option to ensure there are no confusions. When you block someone from My Verizon, it prevents the other person from calling/texting you. It also prevents you, the account owner from calling/texting such number.

When did this change become effective?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would like to know the answer too. I have blocked certain numbers and send them a text message while they were blocked if it was important they knew something.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any misinformation. We want to clarify what was previously said about sending a message to a blocked number. If you have blocked a phone number via our website, you are still able to call and message that contact. The block works in one direction only - meaning that the blocked person is unable to call/message you, but you will still have the option to call/message them. 

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Tags (1)
annika700
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's a crock of garbage. Blocked calls still get through. Blocked messages still get through.Changing your phone number is your only option. I've blockednumbers, contcted Verizon about permanently blocking a person harassing me and their calls on their original phone number still get through.   Shame on you all at verizon for selling us lies.