Re: What happens after you pay off your edge device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

djjim6629,

I understand your concern, but there's no need to be! You can definitely keep the discount as long as you still have Edge and you continue enjoying the newest and latest models. These link will help with MORE Everything plans http://vz.to/1lf0vjy and this for any questions about Edge http://vz.to/1d4q4DL .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

Daveydawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

let me interpret this answer for you:  "its true, you lose your discount when you pay off your phone."

0 Likes
jacobweber2000
Contributor - Level 2

You have to understand that the EDGE program, is nothing more than a rip off, because assuming that you are not on a contract, you are basically paying TWICE for your cellphone. Once for the Edge phone on a monthly fee, and a second time because you are not getting a discount on the monthly service rate/bundled service (like you get with subsidized phone).  This really is the worst thing that has ever happened to customers, especially when it comes to keeping an older, cheaper plan that doesn't empty out your wallet (like the SHARE MY WALLET PLANS).

jyotimagic

Edge is totally a scam. An Edge purchase was fraudulently made on my account Shortly after the program came out. I was getting charged a monthly fee for it, even though I bought my phone outright almost 3 years ago. I have made many calls, to billing and to the fraud department. Earlier this year they credited the original Edge purchase amount to my account, even though I didn't want this - I just wanted the monthly charges to stop. No one explained it and what I would need to do. Bills came in with a $0 balance to pay, so I didn't pay anything. Then the monthly Edge charges started up again. I just want to be finished with the whole thing. I have no edge contract with Verizon but it's showing that the old iPhone 4S I have is an Edge purchase and is only half paid for. This is just wrong that I'm having to suffer through this. Verizon should be able to stop it and wipe the slate clean since it is so obviously a fraudulent purchase using my account. Or maybe Verizon set the whole thing up to gouge some extra money out of me. I'm completely fed up and ready to just close my account. I've been with Verizon for over 10 years. It's so shabby being treated like this. I've wasted hours on the phone trying to get it sorted out and I'm done. I would advise anyone NEVER to get in a contract with Verizon.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

jyotimagic wrote:

Or maybe Verizon set the whole thing up to gouge some extra money out of me.

I'm sure this is it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jyotimagic,

This definitely doesn't sound right, and I totally understand where you're coming from, I would be concerned too. Verizon Edge requires the acceptance of the terms and conditions, so this is definitely odd. I want to get to the bottom of this and resolve it for you. Please accept my follow request, follow me back and send me a direct message so I can assist.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport