What happened to my voice mail greeting?
idssteve
Enthusiast - Level 1

Voicemail stopped working deferring to a new set-up.  For at least two of our phones.  All messages seem lost.  Our company greeting that we've used for almost 20 yrs seems gone.  Apparently some sort of update.  If we were warned of this prior to it happening, we never heard the warning.  Now our clients are being greeted with "voicemail is not yet set up".  How do we retrieve our lost voicemail?  How do we retrieve and re-implement our 20 year old greeting?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What happened to my voice mail greeting?
idssteve
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your concern, Nicole.  Long story short, it is now working. I'm not sure how the original greeting migrated but it eventually, about Sunday, did.  Where the temporary message i had hastily recorded Thursday went is a curiosity, now, but we're just happy to have our original, 20 yr old, greeting that customers are used to hearing.  If that is due to something you've done, Thank You. 

We're told that the sound quality of the greeting has suffered, somehow, JFYI.  Only a few callers have mentioned it, and i didn't notice myself, so maybe some interaction with their phone and/or network??  No complaint, just FYI. 

Next time, maybe consider calling and/or leaving a message that an update is imminent?  If you notified us over email or sms, we can't find it.  Something to consider.  JFYI.

Just happy it's back!  Thanks again!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is concerning to learn, idssteve. I have sent you a Private Message to best assist you with your concerns with your messages.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

idssteve
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your concern, Nicole.  Long story short, it is now working. I'm not sure how the original greeting migrated but it eventually, about Sunday, did.  Where the temporary message i had hastily recorded Thursday went is a curiosity, now, but we're just happy to have our original, 20 yr old, greeting that customers are used to hearing.  If that is due to something you've done, Thank You. 

We're told that the sound quality of the greeting has suffered, somehow, JFYI.  Only a few callers have mentioned it, and i didn't notice myself, so maybe some interaction with their phone and/or network??  No complaint, just FYI. 

Next time, maybe consider calling and/or leaving a message that an update is imminent?  If you notified us over email or sms, we can't find it.  Something to consider.  JFYI.

Just happy it's back!  Thanks again!!

0 Likes