Re: What happened to customer service?
SFCR
Enthusiast - Level 2

He didn't say he expected a special because of his years of service with Verizon, but a special meaning any promotions to reduce his bill. You are taking it out of context because you think you get such perfect service. Good for you if you do. There's nothing wrong with asking. Perhaps if you weren't so arrogant to ask you might get a discount. In fact, I've had some poor customer service as well with no help except to be harassed. I have employed legal counsel.

0 Likes
Re: What happened to customer service?
nrs6425

Customer service is horrible.  I was contacted by Verizon to see if they could save me money on my bill and the representative looked at the account and saw that I had one phone that basically had no activity and said she could save me money.  She said the changes would basically put the phone on vacation and could be restarted with no changes in my rate plans specifically my data plan.  60 days later I called to ask about when I could upgrade my phones and the rep wanted to review my plans, that is when I found out the original rep had switched the IMEI number on the unused phone and removed the data plan, the current rep was amazed at what the 1st rep did and said she was just supposed to have "basically put it on vacation" until I was ready to use it but since it was their error, it should not be hard to fix.  Well, it is now 3 1/2 weeks later and I after many, many reps and supvr saying they would research and call me back, I actually got to speak with Paul who informed me that although it was Verizon's error; because I didn't catch their mistake earlier, I lose.  I purchased my 3 phones because Verizon had a promo to buy the Razr and get 4gb and now that plan is no longer offered.  He also informed me that it is my responsibility to monitor my bill and if I choose not to do so, that is my choice.  Unfortunately, I pay a set amount to Verizon monthly without logging in monthly to see a bill, which is why I have a credit.

I'm just truly disappointed at the lack of customer service or customer concern in this matter.  I feel that if Verizon can't honor the contract that I signed with them, then they should not charge a fee to end the line (not that I wanted to cut my service).  Oh did I mention that Paul also said that the line in question never used anywhere close to 2gb so it really shouldn't matter.  What the heck?  I am paying $30 for 2gb of service when I signed a contract purchasing 4gb of service for $30, Verizon erroneously made the mistake of reducing the service but they are not reducing the amount I have to pay for it.  Must send a complaint to the FCC also because Paul also told me I had no choice but to have a dataplan on the phone as if is mandated by the FCC.

>>Proprietary information (badge number) removed per the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes