What do these phone numbers mean?
Dan_Pierce
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today I received calls from "104" and "119". Does anyone know what these numbers mean? And should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Dan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What do these phone numbers mean?
SamZTB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unless you're in a country that uses these emergency numbers (similar to 911 in the US, but other countries use different combinations of digits).. then I could assume it's probably a telemarketer using a "spoofing" program/device to block their number.  

I've gotten calls from my cell # but with an 866 or 800 area code before.. When trying to call the number back, I'm told it doesn't exist. I wouldn't worry about it, and you can block the number if it gets too annoying.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SamZTB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unless you're in a country that uses these emergency numbers (similar to 911 in the US, but other countries use different combinations of digits).. then I could assume it's probably a telemarketer using a "spoofing" program/device to block their number.  

I've gotten calls from my cell # but with an 866 or 800 area code before.. When trying to call the number back, I'm told it doesn't exist. I wouldn't worry about it, and you can block the number if it gets too annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Dan_Pierce,

No need to worry help is here!

Did you answer the calls from these numbers? Did they leave a voice mail message? How long ago did these calls start?  How often are you receiving these calls?

It sound like the calls may be coming from some kind of telemarketer using a app to hind their number. No need to worry about the calls. You can register on the National Do Not Solicit list here http://1.usa.gov/1bEzpun to stop future telemarketing calls.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes