What do I need to do to switch back to my old carrier after taking the $650/line switch offer?
jimgeo

We had AT&T and went on vacation around the country. It didn't work as well as we expected, many people with Verizon around us had service when we didn't. We have heard the claims of the #1 network and coverage on Verizon, and saw the $650/line offer and were ready to give it a try. Sadly, things didn't go as expected. The service in my area (saint louis, MO) is HORRIBLE!! If you can get decent coverage here, dropped calls and unsent/delayed messages are extremely common (even with 3+ LTE bars) and the data service has high latency along with often slow speeds. VZW WiFi? Even worse than using the cell towers, no matter which WiFi network I'm connected to. I've had more issues with Verizon in my home area in fewer than two weeks than I have with AT&T for the entire half-decade I've had them. We're done with Verizon, and would like back to AT&T, a service that works extremely well here. We called CS to try to get our old phones back, they said there's no hope, even though in the store we were told we had 14 days to try it, and if we didn't like it, we could go back to AT&T. This is pathetic. My question: what do I need to do to get back to AT&T? I use my cell phone very often for very important things, I want a network I can rely on. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What do I need to do to switch back to my old carrier after taking the $650/line switch offer?
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, you have 14 days to try the service and still be able to return the phones you purchased but I don't think you will get the phones you turned in back.

You will likely have to purchase new phones when you move back to AT&T.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What do I need to do to switch back to my old carrier after taking the $650/line switch offer?
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, you have 14 days to try the service and still be able to return the phones you purchased but I don't think you will get the phones you turned in back.

You will likely have to purchase new phones when you move back to AT&T.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are past the 14 return policy period, you should read the Terms and Conditions (https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Landing%20Pages/Switch%20and%20Save/ETF-Buyout-Terms-... ) of $650 per line switch offer. The lines must be good standing for 45 days before the prepaid Visa card is issued. The lines must also be active on Verizon Wireless for 6 months or Verizon Wireless or you risk being charged back the reimbursement amount.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

JIMGEOSMAIL wrote:

My question: what do I need to do to get back to AT&T? I use my cell phone very often for very important things, I want a network I can rely on. Thanks.

All you have to do is to contact AT&T and initiate a port over to their service. Doesn't mean you will get your old devices back from Verizon, though, as the T&C of the promotion you signed up for clearly states YOU CANNOT DO SO.

0 Likes