What counts as data usage?
cjw1900

I got Smart Hub last month with unlimited talk, text and data. Within a week I have used enough data that I am dropped down to 3G instead of 4G. I look at Facebook a few times a day and play some games on the computer. Is this normal for my data usage? I am locked into this contract for 2 yrs. I have to admit, I am not happy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What counts as data usage?
rcschnoor
Legend

cjw1900 wrote:

I got Smart Hub last month with unlimited talk, text and data. Within a week I have used enough data that I am dropped down to 3G instead of 4G. I look at Facebook a few times a day and play some games on the computer. Is this normal for my data usage? I am locked into this contract for 2 yrs. I have to admit, I am not happy.

Do you have your Facebook settings such that any videos in your feed will automatically download and play? That takes a lot of data. Do your games have lots of graphics? Are the settings on your computer set such that updates will automatically download? Some of those updates can be quite large files. Many things your computer does in the background without your knowledge can use large amounts of data.

0 Likes
beancter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having an issue where something is logging into (or verizon is polling my phone) every 6 hours to the minute.  then every day or two, that exact time changes and continues every 6 hours for a day or two.  I have contacted customer service at least a half dozen times and finally have a technical support higher level person looking at it, but I urge EVERYONE to look at your data details and see if it's showing up at exactly every 6 hour intervals.  I don't see why we should be paying for that data if it's something verizon is doing.

Most of the charges are small amounts of data, but every once in a while the data connection is left open and I am paying for data that is being used when I'm not using it.

And you CAN have data charges when your data is turned off -- the one phone was turned off and in my purse ( while my daughter was in surgery) and it registered data usage.

Verizon needs to either stop doing what it's doing to waste out data, or figure out what the problem it.....and I encourage anyone else who is having this issue to write or call verizon -- they need to hear from all of us!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cjw1900, ensuring that you are happy with our service is my number one goal. Help is here as I can assist in understanding data usage. Via your My Verizon account, you can see how your data is being used via the data utilization tool. There are also categories which help to breakdown a better understanding for the usage. Please see the link provided and reference #1 under General Information. http://spr.ly/65888oCOr util*

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes