What can i do when Verizon won't honor a deal they promised two days prior?
06caurru
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, on Sunday Nov 29th, I called Verizon Customer Care, and spoke with a rep for 30+ minutes, and came to a deal, after she had spoken with her supervisor. Fast forward to Tuesday, no rep will honor the deal, saying it expired. The original rep told me i could go in on Monday to get the phone under the provisions we talked about, but it was blizzarding, and I was unable to do so. So, I figured I would just call Verizon and complete the deal on Tuesday. WRONG! "Expired, nothing we could do, oh you have other options, (sucky at best)" -Were some of the 'help' i received. And after talking with 3-6 different reps, I got 3-6 different sets of answers, none of which to be honored by the next. Each rep said the other misspoke, and was incorrect. Time and time again, I've found it to be true that if you talk with 20 different reps, you will receive 20 different answers, quotes, and promises. Is this Verizon's #1 Customer Service Motto - "Confuse & Conquer" ????? Why won't Verizon ever honor a deal that they make???

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What can i do when Verizon won't honor a deal they promised two days prior?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to know you are getting the best possible value for your money. Let's review this further. May we asl you to send Private Message regarding this concern? We look forward to hearing from you.
KleoL_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to know you are getting the best possible value for your money. Let's review this further. May we asl you to send Private Message regarding this concern? We look forward to hearing from you.
KleoL_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
W7GFD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Start looking for a new carrier, I am. Verizon has no loyalty. Ive been "lie" too twice in the same amount of months. After 10yrs, Im done!!!

Daa1Chef

I found this true of most carriers. The sales people in the stores all know bits and pieces.....but you have to find one that you are comfortable working with. I spoke to several Verizon reps......2 were horrible (retail store) 2 were fairly knowledgeable (corporate store), 2 more were very knowledgeable (same corporate store). In the end....they honored what I was promised and then some.

0 Likes
W7GFD
Enthusiast - Level 3

well, I have tried corporate stores, Online (x2), even there ad's are lies that no one honors. Even the corporate sales rep. admitted " if your a current customer the ad's are miss leading". The black friday $500 off offer was only if if had a "droid turbo". No place in the ad did it say that. I talked with a online rep (Alicia M) about the date, asked is it was only Friday as I'm a fire fighter and she stated I could go in on Saturday and still get the $500 off. Still nothing said about it being the Droid Turbo. Go into the Store and thats when I'm told not only would they not honor the offer by I could only get $50 buck for my phone and that the $300 trade on as part of the offer for the $500 was only being give to those with the Turbo. Month and half before I'm told by a rep that called the house that if I change my Plan (had unlimited date then) I could upgrade my phone at a discount. Two weeks later Best Buy has a sale for the S6 edge. Very good deal. Change my plan go to best buy and told that the plan I changed to only allows my to purchase at full price. I'm tired of being lied to. Verizon got so large they have forgotten that the customers that got them there. No loyalty. It's is a shame. While they have the best coverage (that I need), their customer service is the worst.

W7GFD
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am happy you got what you asked for and then some, but I don't expect anything.

0 Likes
06caurru
Enthusiast - Level 1

KleoL_VZW - where would i go to speak with you in private message?

0 Likes
06caurru
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm really not optimistic that VZW will work with me and honor what they said. They can't even honor a call- back from a rep.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

W7GFD, This is certainly not the experience I want you to have. I would be bothered as well if I kept on receiving conflicting information. No one likes that. I would love to look at any opportunities that may be on your account for any upgrading discount. I am going to send you send you a private message to continue reviewing your issue.
VeronicaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
06caurru
Enthusiast - Level 1

@KleoL_VZW

can you send me a pm?

0 Likes