What can I do about an HTC One camera having a problem with a frozen display? I can take pictures but I can't see what I'm shooting until after the picture is taken.
AliciaG_

I can take pictures but I can't see what I'm shooting until after the picture is taken.  I've already had to do one hard reset which deletes all my data.  Is there any other solution?  Is it a glitch that would be resolved by getting a different phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What can I do about an HTC One camera having a problem with a frozen display? I can take pictures but I can't see what I'm shooting until after the picture is taken.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information AliciaG.! Let's test your camera in Safe Mode, follow the steps at this link http://vz.to/1mjT7T2 to restart your phone in Safe Mode. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What can I do about an HTC One camera having a problem with a frozen display? I can take pictures but I can't see what I'm shooting until after the picture is taken.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure that your camera is functioning in top form so you're able to capture all the moments necessary. Do you notice the issue across applications? For example if you take a photo via Instragram or Facebook do you experience a similar issue?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AliciaG_

It's the same no matter what application I use. I turn the camera on and whatever it's pointed toward becomes frozen on the screen. As I say, it still takes great pictures, but I can't see what I'm shooting until I've taken the picture. Not the optimal way to go!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information AliciaG.! Let's test your camera in Safe Mode, follow the steps at this link http://vz.to/1mjT7T2 to restart your phone in Safe Mode. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
AliciaG_

Thank you so much for your help.  I started the phone in safe mode and the camera worked.  Then I followed the instructions and removed the last two things I installed before the camera stopped working and now it works again!  I am so happy not to have to do a hard reset! 

I wish the guy at the Verizon store had known how to do this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi AliciaG,

Oh yeah! I am so elated to hear that your camera is working properly again. Device support if you ever need it in the future http://bit.ly/yN1P80 .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes