What about the 50% extra data for new customers?
flair_2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up for Verizon HomeFusion 17 days ago.  I copied the following straight off your webpage for new HomeFusion customers:

"New customers to the service will  receive 50% more data allowance for their first 2 full billing cycles.  Requires new 2-year activation."  Why am I getting data usage alerts and my account is only showing 10 GB allotted for this month. My bill shows that I was allotted 15 GB for only two days (1/24-1/25).  It hasn't been two months yet, barely even two weeks.  Who do I contact to get this fixed?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What about the 50% extra data for new customers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting data overage alerts can certainly be concerning flair_2000. Let's get to the bottom of your usage concerns. Customer gets a 50% data bonus on their prorated billing cycle at activation. If you are currently on the 10 GB data plan, with the 50% more data, you will obtain an additional 5GB of data. When is your bill cycle end? Depending on your bill cycle, you will still obtain data usage alerts. For example, the 10 GB of data usage will be prorated depending on when service is activated and your bill cycle ends. The 5GB of extra data will not be prorated.

To view your usage and prevent any overage, you may review your usage online via My Verizon by clicking http://bit.ly/xB4iTc  Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smitty23521
Contributor - Level 1

You will receive usage alerts regardless of getting 50% more for the first two months. The extra data allowance will automatically apply if needed.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You first month is not 30 days. Very rarely would you have you billing period start on the first day you signed up for service. When does your billing period actually start? And when did you actually start service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting data overage alerts can certainly be concerning flair_2000. Let's get to the bottom of your usage concerns. Customer gets a 50% data bonus on their prorated billing cycle at activation. If you are currently on the 10 GB data plan, with the 50% more data, you will obtain an additional 5GB of data. When is your bill cycle end? Depending on your bill cycle, you will still obtain data usage alerts. For example, the 10 GB of data usage will be prorated depending on when service is activated and your bill cycle ends. The 5GB of extra data will not be prorated.

To view your usage and prevent any overage, you may review your usage online via My Verizon by clicking http://bit.ly/xB4iTc  Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
flair_2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

From your HomeFusion webpage: "New customers to the service will  receive 50% more data allowance for their first 2 full billing cycles.  Requires new 2-year activation."

Fist off, nothing on the statement above indicates anything about 50% being added on to a prorated billing cycle. Secondly, my account says I am now incurring overage charges and I am not at 15GB yet.  This billing cycle goes from 1/26 to 2/25.  My first billing cycle went from 1/24 to 1/25 (yeah, two whole days).  I got 15 GB for those two days.  Why am I not getting 15 GB for the second billing cycle (1/26 to 2/25) as advertised? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details flair_2000. We are happy to further investigate. Please follow us and send us a PM. We are following you now.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport