Re: Were you a victim of Verizon Wireless Fraud?
Lart
Enthusiast - Level 3

What happened? 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Mr. Cryptic is posting laconic answers on as many threads as possible.

He returned a phone which Newgistics or whoever, has misplaced.  Since he may or may not have tracking information, the phone has not been found yet.

Your situation was an early upgrade on a 2 year contract, which required you return your phone in order to wipe out any outstanding time of the 2 year contract.  That was the Edge program.

WHen the switch was made to the Device payment plan, they took away the ability to upgrade early.  2 year contracts must be finished.  New device payment plans must also be paid in full and phones are not being accepted in trade anymore.

Phones can be recycled for a credit through the recycling program if a customer wants, but eBay is a better choice.

0 Likes
Lart
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure who Mr. Cryptic is. 

Anyway my situation is not an early upgrade.  I had no contract and the phone was paid for.  I did not have to return the phone.  That is part of the fraud.  Verizon is non responsive.  Since they don't care what their sales people say and accept no responsibility,  I wouldn't trust them.  Therefore I will look for another carrier, not do business with them at the hotel I own, No FIOS for you.  (And No Soup too Smiley Happy )  No Hum for the cars either.

For not replying to a written request, as you should, you have lost a residential and business customer and generated ill will that will spread from me outwards.  I know you couldn't care less and that is the problem.  What can one expect from a company that started as a government sanctioned monopoly.

Maybe Sprint will be more responsive, or I will just bypass the cell companies completely and go with Optimum's all wi-fi network. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Your first post contradicts that.  (You might want to review your first post )

2  Year discounted contracts are NOT full price purchases.  I bought a Note 3 two years ago, the full price was about $800.  You paid $200-300.  The $40 a month line fee is that high so Verizon can recover the rest of the cost of the phone.

You wrote you upgraded early - before your 2 year contract was fulfilled.  Therefore you have to return the contract phone.

BTW, this is a customer to customer help forum.  We are customers, not employees.  Customer service reps are clearly identified.

Lart
Enthusiast - Level 3

You misinterpreted what I wrote.  I started with telling the LAST thing that happened.  The first thing was I walked into the Verizon store with my note 3 which was bought by me at full retail price, not on a contract, not on a payment plan. 

I was flim flammed into switching into what I was told was the Verizon EDGE program, and purchasing a new Note 4 at full retail on a payment plan so that I get a 20 dollar discount on the line fee.  The sales people said I had to surrender my Note 3 to qualify for the EDGE program. 

Even though the receipt says EDGE on it, there was no longer an EDGE program.  Perhaps the sales people didn't understand and the computer was not upgraded to the new name of the plan.

Bottom line I lost my Note 3, which I didn't have to turn in as there was no EDGE program and I am not allowed to upgrade until I pay off the entire amount of the phone, essentially a 2 year contract.

That is fraud, even if unintentional.     

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Now that makes more sense. You didn't provide this information previously and that is why I had asked for the complete information. It helps us help you figure it out. I know that you may be upset about the situation.

Did you receive a gift card or credit for turning in your Note 3? If you were not on contract there would be no need to turn in the old device and not get some sort of credit. Yes, the name of Edge has changed to Device Payment Plan but the most recent iteration of Edge is exactly like DPP. You buy the device full retail and pay it in 24 equal payments and must pay the full amount off to be eligible to get a new device. When Edge first started it was pay 50% and trade in device with 24 equal payments. Then is was 20 payments and pay 60% and trade device to get new. Then it was 24 payments with 75% threshold. Then finally it was 24 payments and 100% pay off and the device was yours.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Not only is it making more sense, but it makes Verizon look even worse.  If the Note 3 was not under contract, you not only could keep it, but you were already eligible quite some time ago to get at least a $15 discount on the line fee with the More Everything plan.  (Discounts are $25 for data plans over 6 GBS and $15 for data plans under 6gbs)

over zealous, commissioned clerks....

Complain  the Better business bureau.  They seem to make Verizon snap to attention.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Except that they don't make money on the price plan and they don't make money for signing you up on DPP. Meaning there is no extra incentive. So, unless you (anyone) are buying $100 worth of accessories, they don't even want to bother.

0 Likes
Lart
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was eligible for the More Everything plan and within the prior month I had gotten on that one with a monthly $15 discount.  But they said I would get a $20 discount instead of 15 and more data if I purchased the Note 4 on the Verizon payment plan and got on the EDGE program and I could upgrade at a year to the next Note model.   Not only did they take my Note 3 and gave me nothing in return but they over charged me full retail for the Note 4 which was worth $100 on their trade in program 2 weeks later when the 5 came out. 

That wouldn't have been a problem if Verizon honored the EDGE program as I could apply the price I paid after a year to the new phone without having to pay the extra year first.  But they didn't honor that deal even though the documentation and receipt I received clearly State EDGE program not DPP.   I spoke with supervisors , who said they had no power to fix the situation and grandfather me into the EDGE program and that I had to write in to their customer service department , which I did and.... nothing.  The attorney general didn't pursue the case either or write Verizon a letter.  Perhaps I didn't explain myself well. 

Yes the BBB sound like a good idea.  I can't believe I have to go to all these lengths because of Verizon marketing trickery and confusion and their failure to take care of their bad sales force and stealing my Note 3 phone.  What a terrible company!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

There is high turnover, they hire kids and ner-do wells and don't train them well enough.  It's industry wide, ATT, T-mo and Sprint are just as poor at it . 

I Don't know why they had you turn in the Note 3.  I loved mine, I love my note 4. No way would I let it go after I paid for it.  Why they thought they should take it is beyond me. 

PLease  persue the BBB angle and let us know what happens. 

0 Likes