Re: Were you a victim of Verizon Wireless Fraud?
Lart
Enthusiast - Level 3

As of June they changed their policy. This happened at the beginning of June. 

Either it was deliberate fraud or Verizon did not educate their sales people properly . Either way Verizon is responsible for making this right. 

0 Likes
Lart
Enthusiast - Level 3

* This fraud happened at the Beginning of June

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The change to the program may have been made in June but it in NO WAY affected your already signed agreement. It would have only been in effect to newly signed agreements. Which is what you did. You terminated the original agreement when you turned in your device. Then you signed a new agreement for the new device with the new terms. Had you read the agreement before signing it you would have known the terms.

You could have kept paying on your Note 3 and finished all payments and the device would have been yours. The store nor the rep is not allowed to disclose the release date of any new devices. So, whether they knew or didn't know about the Note 5, they are not allowed to say "Don't buy this phone, wait until the XXX comes out.".

Nobody swindled you. You fell victim to your own lack of knowledge. Call it a learning experience, accept it and move on.

Lart
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is to be expected that a forum held by Verizon would have people on it doing their best to make excuses for Verizon.  

1) My Note 3 was purchased by me and not on a monthly pay plan.  If there was no EDGE plan then there was no reason to turn it in. That was pure theft.

2)  All the paperwork I was given clearly shows the word EDGE as the plan.  Signatures are electronic and the contract is not shown for review. 

3) The salesperson told me the EDGE plan was in effect still and that the name had been changed to avoid conflict with the Samsung Edge. 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So now it makes sense.

You bought the Note 3 subsidized by Verizon and in return for the lower price you signed a 2 year contract. Then you were offered to get a new phone earlier than the contract end date. This is called Early Edge and requires that you return the subsidized phone.  This information is outlined in the Early Edge agreement. Yes, the signature is captured electronically but it is done on an iPad and you have to sign the agreement which is scrollable. Why did you not ask to read it before you signed it? It has long been established, because of today's litigious society, that you should read and understand any contract that you are signing.

I am by far not making excuses for Verizon and, before you accuse me of it, I am not a VZW employee. What I fail to see in any of your posts is how fraud was perpetrated. I am still confused. It just seems like the biggest thing is that you were sold a Note 4 shortly before the release of the Note 5 and you're upset about that. This whole thing seems to me a classic case of not reading the agreement before you sign the box that says that you have read and agree to all the terms. Not much that can be done for you. Also, refer to the last paragraph of the customer agreement here Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless.

This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement. This agreement isn't for the benefit of any third party except our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, predecessors and successors in interest. Except where we've agreed otherwise elsewhere in this agreement, this agreement and any disputes covered by it are governed by federal law and the laws of the state encompassing the area code of your wireless phone number when you accepted this agreement, without regard to the conflicts of laws and rules of that state.

Lart
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't post to prosecute my case.  I wanted to know if anyone else experienced the same problem.

However I will attempt just once more to explain. 

When I came into the store I was not on the EDGE program, I purchased the Note 3 and was not on any payment plan.  I did not get out early from any contract.  Where do you come up with these assumptions?  . 

Thank you for your input but it really doesn't apply.  This will be decided by the Attorney General and Verizon.  

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yes lots of people have experienced the problem of not reading what they signed or understanding it until after the return period. I've even done that in the past and it was a great learning experience for me, as this should also be for you. But that's all this is. Verizon has already decided what to do, hold you to the agreement you signed. To think a state AG would help you break a contract you agreed to is also laughable.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

The thing is, it's not a problem, so no one will say oh I had the same problem. You wanted a new phone,  and you got one, and you had to send in your old one. Why is that still hard to fathom?

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So why don't you break it down to me?

When did you buy the Note 3?

When did you buy the Note 4?

0 Likes
kirtonart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes

0 Likes