Were you a victim of Verizon Wireless Fraud?
Lart
Enthusiast - Level 3

I enrolled in Verizon edge at a company Verizon Wireless store in NJ. 

My receipt showed I was enrolled in Verizon EDGE which allowed me to upgrade my phone before two years.  I was told I had to send in my Galaxy Note 3 to qualify.  Therefore I was forced to upgrade and sold a Galaxy Note 4 as the latest model at full retail of $750 only to find that the New Note 5 came out 2 weeks later at a retail price lower than 750 and that the trade in value to Verizon on the Note 4 is $100.  So they ripped me off for $650.   The Edge plan I was sold was actually discontinued by Verizon 2 weeks before.  I was lied to on everything. 

I spoke to a supervisor at Verizon but was told that supervisors do not have authority to correct my situation by grandfathering me into the EDGE program or to switch my phone for the Note 5 and refund the difference. 

I was told to write to the Correspondence Department, which I did, but never heard back from them.  I just sent off a complaint to the attorney general. 

Labels (1)
Re: Were you a victim of Verizon Wireless Fraud?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I'm not understanding how it's fraud. Can you explain? There was info on the note 5 before it came out. You bought a note 4 without waiting. Please explain the fraud.

Lart
Enthusiast - Level 3

The fraud is Selling me the EDGE plan that no longer existed and since it didn't exist stealing my phone from me that I could have gotten money for or used without having to upgrade.   Charging me an exorbitant amount for an older model phone.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

That's pretty funny.

deloused
Master - Level 3

That is not fraud, it's buyers remorse.

Hotshoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not funny at all when bad things happen to people.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Lart wrote:

The fraud is Selling me the EDGE plan that no longer existed and since it didn't exist stealing my phone from me that I could have gotten money for or used without having to upgrade.   Charging me an exorbitant amount for an older model phone.

EDGE still existed, Verizon simply renamed it Device Payment Plan which more accurately reflects what it is. This is not fraud.

Lart
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what they told me but it isn't true.  This is a new program that  requires full payment of the old device if you want to upgrade. It is a disguise for a two year contract.  Fraud.  

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That is exactly what EDGE has been for the last 6 months or more before they renamed it. Not fraud.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You weren't a victim of fraud. You were a victim of not reading your contract and asking questions before signing it.