Weak signal in Meadowbrook area of Seattle - when will new towers be added?
cioondemand
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will more towers be added to cover the Meadowbrook area of Seattle (part of 98125)?  The signal here has been extremely poor for years.  I feel lucky when I get 2 bars of 3G and regularly have calls dropped.  In looking at apps that report call strength, it shows a wide area of poor reception (several square miles).  Reception is poor indoors or outside, and this is inside Seattle city limits!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weak signal in Meadowbrook area of Seattle - when will new towers be added?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cioondemand I know I rely on my service for everything. I am sure you feel the same. Let's pick up those dropped calls and improve that signal. When did you first notice this? Do you have this experience in other areas as well, or just in this area? What is the make and model of your phone?
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cioondemand
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I noted, this has been going on for years.  I get great reception some other places, and poor reception in a few places.  As shown by the image below from an OpenSignal map, I'm not the only one - the entire Meadowbrook area has terrible reception (brown and red spots are reports of weak signal). It's a low area in northeast Seattle, and Verizon needs to put in a tower to cover the area.  My phone is a Galaxy 5S, although I've had the same problem with every phone with Verizon service.

Cell coverage map.JPG

0 Likes
cioondemand
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello @RosanneM_VZW - any response?  It's been over a week since I replied to your questions...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry for the delay in responding to your message, cioondemand. You mentioned that you're having issues with reception in more than one place. Did you recently update the software on your device? Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started? Additionally, it will be also helpful to power your device off and briefly remove the sim card. This resets that device on our network. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cioondemand
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is not the phone.  As I said, it has been an issue with every phone with Verizon service and has been happening for YEARS.  Please look at the map screenshot - it obviously shows that Verizon has a lack of coverage in this area.  When is Verizon going to install additional towers???  A single additional tower would fix the problem.  I would think that Verizon would be embarrassed to have such weak coverage within Seattle city limits!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J G, we want you to have service everywhere you go. We work and spend tons building our network. Some areas can be more of a challenge and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. It’s time that we take a loser look at this for you. Can you provide me with your Zip code so that we can check the service in your area.

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cioondemand
Enthusiast - Level 2

The zipcode is 98125.  However, it is a large area.  The weak signal area is centered around NE 105th & 35th Ave NE. See the map below.  There are several apartment buildings in the area that would make an excellent location for a cell antenna.

0 Likes
cioondemand
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello RalphT_VZW,

Any update to this issue?  It has been 12 days since I supplied the zipcode.

0 Likes
cioondemand
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello RalphT_VZW & @VZWSupport,

Any updates?  It has now been almost 3 weeks since I supplied the zipcode.  I'm considering upgrading my phones, although if the coverage here is going to continue to be so poor maybe I need to look at other carriers.  I have too many dropouts and dropped calls to continue this way.

0 Likes