We are pretty disappointed
mikeyj28

My wife and I have had verizon together and before we were married for about 8-9 years. Our problem now with verizon is the inability to update your phone early with out having to pay a crazy full retail price or now the crazy option for the edge. We are not rough on our phones but our phones are our every day means of communication. As of right now we are 4 months away from our upgrade date and HAVE to wait it out to upgrade. My wifes phone barely works on a day to day basis, she cannot make a simple phone call on her phone because it will freeze up. On my phone it will not allow me to hang up half of the time. Now I'm not going into details about what phones they are. We have brought the phones in to the store to have them looked at, updated and such with us being told they are "fine" well they are not fine. The kicker is that the phones we started out the current 2 year contract with have been unusable after 6 months into the contract. So the phones we have now have been bought for full retail price a year and half ago and now they will not work.

So our problem is that we pay our bill every month on time or way ahead of time, with us being good customers why can we not upgrade our phones 4 months early? We know that they will not make it that long and we WILL NOT pay full retail price on a phone just to be able to upgrade in 4 months. Also we WILL NOT use the edge, we are not the people that need a new phone every 6 months, we just want our phones to last more than 6 months.

So Verizon are you going help us or let us find another company with different options?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: We are pretty disappointed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikeyj28 we appreciate your business and loyalty for the past 9 years. I apologize that we're unable to change your upgrade date to allow you to take advantage of promotional pricing at this time. However, we can troubleshoot the issues on your current devices. Additionally, your current devices may still be covered under warranty. Do you currently subscribe to Total Equipment Coverage? http://bit.ly/13EUp25

I know that you mentioned that you're not too happy about our Edge and full retail price options. However, here's some details about those options if you happen to change your mind.

Edge http://vz.to/17nFkEt

Full retail pricing with a payment plan http://vz.to/ZILXBT

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can use the device payment plan. Go to the verizon corporate store not a reseller. You will pay full price over time, no loss of unlimited data if you have it, and no contracts. Do not use Edge. You lose unlimited.

You could just buy two cheap prepaid devices from Walmart until your contracts end, you have time to decide.

Good Luck

0 Likes
mikeyj28

I agree we have time to decide but its really irritating that I have to either get a cheap prepaid phone and pay for my contract or get a hand me down from someone which is not an option. I just wish Verizon (who gets a lot of money a month from us) would say hey you have been with us for a while and we would like to extend to you an early upgrade.....what is the difference now or in 4 months from now? We want to stay with Verizon and not go somewhere else, and will continue to use verizon but this is getting crazy. Two year contracts with phones that will never make it that long, or you buy it full price and we change you for it month to month.....

I have an idea, early upgrade pay what anyone else is paying on a new 2 year contract...and wow! Two happy customers, one of which wont have to worry about his wifes phone not working in case of an emergency.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I can understand your concerns. However in years gone by if you knew the manager at a local verizon corporate store there is a special account code where you could upgrade with an additional year added on (makes it two years) at one year instead of two years to wait. If you pay full price like I do you can just buy the phones outright and you have no contracts or account changes to deal with, and in the months ahead you will not be locked into verizon.

Its a tough decision to make.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikeyj28 we appreciate your business and loyalty for the past 9 years. I apologize that we're unable to change your upgrade date to allow you to take advantage of promotional pricing at this time. However, we can troubleshoot the issues on your current devices. Additionally, your current devices may still be covered under warranty. Do you currently subscribe to Total Equipment Coverage? http://bit.ly/13EUp25

I know that you mentioned that you're not too happy about our Edge and full retail price options. However, here's some details about those options if you happen to change your mind.

Edge http://vz.to/17nFkEt

Full retail pricing with a payment plan http://vz.to/ZILXBT

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

mikeyj28 wrote:

So Verizon are you going help us or let us find another company with different options?

Which company is that? At&t makes you wait 24 months. T-Mobile doesn't even offer upgrades anymore. Technically Verizon't have to offer ANY kind of discount upgrade and frankly within 5 years no one will. That is where the industry is headed. You can thank T-Mobile for that.

cindylu187
Enthusiast - Level 3

They aren't making you pay....it's an option.

Should've purchased insurance...tsk tsk.

Verizon held up their end of the deal, they give you options to use in the event something happens to your phone, your problem....not theirs.

mikeyj28

we have insurance thanks....

0 Likes
DanOC

Having a similar issue!  Been with Verizon 17 years, and current plan is up March 2014.  I want to now add a data plan and purchase 4 iphones for the family for $199.99 each, but Verizon said it will cost me $649 per phone to do it now.  Or, I could cancel my current plan, pay them a $280 cancellation fee, and they will then let me sign back up as a "new customer" and get the phones for $199.99!!!  Logical - NOT!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DanOC wrote:

Having a similar issue!  Been with Verizon 17 years, and current plan is up March 2014.  I want to now add a data plan and purchase 4 iphones for the family for $199.99 each, but Verizon said it will cost me $649 per phone to do it now.  Or, I could cancel my current plan, pay them a $280 cancellation fee, and they will then let me sign back up as a "new customer" and get the phones for $199.99!!!  Logical - NOT!

You still can't do that. If you attempt to come back to Verizon Wireless as a new customer within 60-90 days of cancelling your previous contract, they will reinstate the previous contract and not give you a new one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes