Watch out!
Customer1

This is a warning for people who reduce the minutes on their plan:

If you go below 1400 minutes you will no longer be eligible for Friends and Family

I reduced my minutes after setting up Friends and Family.

I did not realize by reducing my minutes I would lose Friends and Family

I got $600+ in extra charges

Verizon employees told me tough luck (they did reduce the fee by 25%)

They said if I called a few days earlier they could have forgiven the charges (that made me upset)

Needless to say it was an innocent mistake, but they are unforgiving.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Watch out!
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

did you not look at the plans?

it states that in thier descriptions

Customer1

Obviously I did not see that in the description or I would not have done it.

I suspect I am not alone, and I feel that Verizon's "tough luck" policy is not a good long-term business plan.

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

If it's like it was at at&t when i worked there it is because your bill cycle ended and a new bill started.  There is no button on any computer that can go back in time and fix it before you unknowingly changed your plan without reading about it first.  I would never give credit toward something like that you actually did pretty good.  But that is whats behind the "few days earlier".  As for business plan, ALWAYS read everything you buy, sign, change, etc.  If you do not and still make the choice you are legally responsible.  I am one of those customers that drives everyone nuts while i sit there and read small print for ten minutes, it has served me well.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Customer1 wrote:

Obviously I did not see that in the description or I would not have done it.

I suspect I am not alone, and I feel that Verizon's "tough luck" policy is not a good long-term business plan.

It's pretty obvious you need the 1400 minutes to get friends and family. I'm sure you're not alone in not doing your homework before making changes to your plan. That's on YOU not Verizon.

0 Likes
ihateverizonmore

Why I hate verizon:

1.) Worst customer support, bar none

2.) Difficult to find a detailed description of the actual plan. Is this done on purpose?

3.) Other plans permit you to block calls, right on you phone. Verizon makes you go to a web site where you have a limited number of blocks for a limited period of time. After that you have to pay for blocking calls. ARE YOU SERIOUS VERIZON?

4.) Terrible web site.

ENOUGH REASONS?

BTW- All phone providers are the same. It's a utility stupid!!!!

0 Likes
ihateverizonmore

Where do you find a good description?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

ihateverizonmore wrote:

Why I hate verizon:

1.) Worst customer support, bar none

2.) Difficult to find a detailed description of the actual plan. Is this done on purpose?

3.) Other plans permit you to block calls, right on you phone. Verizon makes you go to a web site where you have a limited number of blocks for a limited period of time. After that you have to pay for blocking calls. ARE YOU SERIOUS VERIZON?

4.) Terrible web site.

ENOUGH REASONS?

BTW- All phone providers are the same. It's a utility stupid!!!!

Tell me what other service offers free blocking at all? And no, you do not need to pay for blocking after 90 days. If still an issue, add the number again. Most people who are harassing someone will give up in the three month period. 

As for using the phone to block numbers, that is a device option, not something the providers offers.

0 Likes