Wasted13years
Wasted13years

I have been with Verizon for over 13 years and every year it feels more and more like there is no customer service what so ever.  I find it hard to believe that it is legal for this company to change plans in the middle of a CONTRACT and there is nothing we can do about it.  If they alter the contract it should become void.  I have been waiting to upgrade all of my families phones for over 6 months and when I initially checked the upgrade date it was set for late April.  Now I come to find that in January they sent out messages informing about the change in "policy" and my date has been extended to the end of the contract date....3 months later.  Not sure why they send the message of the change when there is nothing we can do about it???  This is the part that bothers me, with the amount of money we spend on an annual basis, and have spent over 13 years, there is NO customer loyalty.  You claim to have great customer service and all you have done is turn us into dollar signs and numbers....well, as of 7-25-14, I will be taking my number and dollars somewhere else, I can get treated like this anywhere.  Also, I work for a major multi-million dollar operation and if we treated our clients like this, we'd have to close our doors.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wasted13years
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

First of all, there is nothing in your contract that states your upgrade date. This how Verizon was able to make the change and extend customers from 20 to 24 months. On contract with the other carriers your upgrade will be exactly 24 months. It is the industry standard and has been for quite a number of years. You have the option with Verizon to not have a contract by purchasing your device at full retail or going on the Edge program.

Second, I would pop over to the support communities for any of the other carriers to see what their customer are saying about the customer service. It's everywhere. It seems when someone doesn't get what they want then the company has poor customer service. That bad business model from 1905 that says that the customer is always right is not only outdated but it is completely wrong. I am also sure that the multi million dollar company you work for has a ton of dissatisfied customers. You can't make multi millions of dollars with every customer completely satisfied.

BTW...Verizon boasts the score of independent surveys on customer satisfaction and network tests.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wasted13years,

We do not want to see you go! I am so sorry for any less then stellar customer service you have received. I want to show you world class customer service. Are you looking to upgrade because you are having issues with your device? If so, what's going on?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Wasted13years

First of all, using poor customer satisfaction from company to company, is bad business. Secondly, if there were no early upgrade dates, why the change in January? What was there to extend? Your aggressive and unprofessional response is just another testament to how you treat customers.

Of course it doesn't state an update now, you changed it in January, prior to that it did and it was made known to me when I purchased new phones nearly 2 years go. As I stated, I can go anywhere and be treated like a number, but customer loyalty should mean something, and if it doesn't to Verizon, than I might as well be a number somewhere else.

In the business I work in, a dissatisfied customer gets immediate attention. If we lose customers because they are unhappy with service the repercussions are costly. We do NOT have a "ton" of dissatisfied customers, and most certainly may not alter their contract mid contract, we KNOW this is a customer based industry and do what is necessary to ensure saitisfaction because of the loyalty it builds. I understand that your company may have a different approach when it comes to customer loyalty and satisfaction, that's fine, all I am saying is, that if my years of service to you means nothing, I have no reason to be loyal to you.

If you look at the usage of the 3 lines of service we currently have with you, you'll notice that one line (ending in 8508) has not been used for a few months now, and has had limited use for the past year. This should be a red flag to you! This is my wifes number, her company supplies her with a work phone and she has no issues with the cellular service, so I'm not worried about coverage, or price plans, etc., I have no problem entering a 2 year contract, the problem I have is being offered something for 17 months and you taking it away, and essentially telling me that my loyalty means nothing.

0 Likes
Wasted13years

Yes, but that's not the issue, all devices have issues. If you would like to talk, you may call me.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is the official statement. Upgrade Fee Edit correct link. http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/04/verizon-wireless-upgrade-statement.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Wasted13years,

Your dedication to Verizon Wireless is fantastic! I know how important it is to have a phone that works. Verizon Wireless provides new 2 year discounted equipment every 24 months with a contract.  Please accept my follow and send a direct message with your mobile number so that we may review the account for additional options.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @Vzwsupport

0 Likes