Was my upgrade used when I returned a New phone on the 3rd day I had it?
kwrite09

I opened an account in October of last year. I received an Apple iPhone 4S and then 3 days later returned it for a Galaxy S3. I was recently trying to upgrade my phone but they said the upgrade had already been used when I returned my new phone within the 14 day return policy. Why did that count as my upgrade? Now my account says I can't upgrade until months after my plan ends. I would like to upgrade. Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Was my upgrade used when I returned a New phone on the 3rd day I had it?
internetfate_net
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you opened an account in October of last year the you would not have a traditional upgrade availble at this time, despite what the customer service rep said. If there was something availble, it would be early Edge.

0 Likes
kwrite09

So what you're saying is that I wouldn't have an upgrade anyway for now? If so then why in the 2 years of my contract can I not have 1 upgrade? Other people on my plan have 1 but I don't. Also I'm still wondering how/if returning my new phone messed with my upgrade.

0 Likes
internetfate_net
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is not enough information in your post for anyone to know if you are actually upgrade eligible. What I was saying is that IF you started service in October of last year then more than likely you are not eligible to upgrade as upgrade eligibility usually becomes available every two years of service.

0 Likes
kwrite09

Okay. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes