Re: Warning: Don't Use Trade-In Program
ajb728
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same scam happened to me!

Phone was perfect, no scratches or cracks and was working fine. Reset the phone, put in padded envolope and fed-ex box, added label and returned via UPS.

Get a message saying I only get 30% the value they quoted!

"Adjustment reasons: Your screen was unresponsive or had cracks, We have received a different device than expected, DPP Restrictions"

Been a customer for over 10 years. Very annoyed that I didnt sell privately. Pity we can't trust VZW with this even when they push it so much!

davezetino
Enthusiast - Level 1

SCAMMERS!! Verizon is the biggest scammers in the industry, they offered me $500 for my iPhone 7 trade-in and "after evaluation" they credited $80, I'm fighting in right now 

zxLauraxz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just received my new iphone and they didn't send a return label or box for the old phone.  Also i don't see my unlimited transfered over to the new plan.  Additionally, the sales rep asked me if I wanted a new ipad for $100 I said yes, of course.  I figured it was a promo because I bought the new phone.  What he didn't say is that I needed to add on an additional line for the ipad.  I was looking at the bill for next month and couldn't understand why it was going so high and then noticed the new line.  I'm 58 years old so I was thinking humm should I have known that.  I spoke with my 25 year old daughter and she said why would you need a new telephone line when you can use the wifi.  So I was totally duped by the sales rep. Word to the wise, do all your upgrades on chat so you can email yourself a transcript.  I called the corporate office in New York.  They are calling me back tomorrow to see if they can straighten everything out.  One other thing UPS left the box on my porch.  So it wasn't signed for. Completely frustrated...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is never good to hear you have had issues like this since getting your new device. Let's look into this together. Please respond to the Private Message, I have sent you.  DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
Jacob_123
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same thing happened to me. I was told I would receive $500 credit with trading in my perfectly good phone and had a "cracked screen" and given $77. Then given pictures from my inspection and they were blurry, had a glass screen protector on it, and might have not even been my phone.

Should have never gone with Verizon.

Know-it-all
Enthusiast - Level 3

They did the same thing to me. Sent the phone in and they claimed the screen was cracked. I asked to return the phone to me. I wouldn’t have returned if I knew I was giving the phone away for nothing. I could've used it did something of gave it to someone I know. 

BBKing2020
Enthusiast - Level 3

wow.. I should have been on this community before I switched from Tmobile. I am trading in my phones and waiting them to send me the shipping kit. Thank you so much for the information. I will make sure to take tons of photos before I ship them. After reading all the responses from other consumers, it suprises me that such big company does its business in this way.  

askripnichuk
Enthusiast - Level 1

you are right.

Its an absolute scam. I had almost identical experience. Exept nobody knows where my trade in is and I am out of the phone and promised rebate.

And Verizon acts like nothing happend.

customer738
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has happened to me as well. It's the most frustrating experience. I was promised $500 and got $30 because Verizon claims to have received a damaged phone. There was absolutely no damage when I sent the phone to Verizon.

I've been tossed back and forth between Verizon and UPS and both parties are pretending like this never happened or the claim never existed, Verizon has been so difficult transferring me and putting me on hold saying "we're talking to UPS" but then transferring me to a voicemail at the very end. Each call is 2 hours and I've called around 5-6 times over the last 2 months, and I still only get $30 for this trade-in.

I had ported my number to Verizon because of the promotion, now I don't get any benefits that the promotion promised and it wasn't my fault, I'm stuck with this service for 2 years and I'd much rather have my old phone than go through this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

customer738

This is never the experience we want for you and we will gladly look into what options we have to turn this experience around. I have sent you a private message, please reply to that so that we can better assist you. EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes