Want 1) HD Audio 2) upgrade yearly
nohdaudio

I want 1) HD Audio on phone 2) upgrade yearly. It seems that means any provider except Verizon. Hate to switch but no choice to get what I want.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Want 1) HD Audio 2) upgrade yearly
rcschnoor
Legend

That is fine. You should always go with the provider which best suits your needs.

You are aware you will have to pay more than double for the phone if you want an annual upgrade, correct?

You will also have to limit yourself in the choice of phones which will be available, correct?

Example #1 - the iPhone is not available with a 1 yr contract on ATT. Example #2 - the Samsung GS4 with 2 yr contract is $199 and with a 1 yr contract is $449.

Of course Verizon allows you to upgrade at any time if you are willing to pay full retail.

0 Likes
mb04279
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hmmm rcschnoor....you seem to love replying to any negative comments with your proVerizon lingo.  You are constantly replying and arguing with people that have concerns about service.  Beginning to think that maybe you get paid for your "high" opinion.  Just an observation.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is negative to point out the restrictions related to the items someone wants?

A significant increase in price for a feature is a hurdle MOST people will not agree to. Otherwise, item #2 is a moot point as Verizon allows you to upgrade at any time if you are willing to pay the price.

If you notice, my first line actually states you should go with the provider which best suits your needs, something I have ALWAYS thought to be a good practice. Of course you need to look at ALL of the factors, though.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I actually would like annual upgrades like Verizon used to have. Being an account owner, when I signed a 2 yr contract I used to be able to upgrade my main line annually for an additional $20. This is not what AT&T is offering, though.

With the annual contract available at AT&T, signing a 1 yr contract would more than double the upgrade price of most phones. I think that price hurdle will deter most from going that route. If you were going to spend that much for the phone, why not pay a bit more and not have any contract?

I am not meaning this as negative or positive. Just pointing out the details.

0 Likes
mb04279
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was simply making the observation that, looking through posts throughout the forum, you seem to LOVE arguing about how wonderful Verizon is.  I was not responding in regards to anything you said in particular, as I have seen countless different posts with your name associated with your PROVerizon arguments.  Can't blame me for thinking there must be something in it for you, when I see your comments on so many quality and customer service issues within this forum. 

0 Likes
nohdaudio

For more info, google for this article in today's nytimes: "2 New Plans to Upgrade Smartphones After a Year". Also google for this recent article in wired.com: "How HD Voice Works to Make Your Calls Sound Drastically Better". Verizon loses on both issues to the other carriers. Still, I'm reluctant to leave Verizon so I'm looking for any indication Verizon will be more competitive in the next couple of months on either of these issues that are super important to me before getting a new phone.

0 Likes