Waiting for wireless covereage for many years...
Chris42

Verizon wireless signal strength is weak in my home town of Manhasset, NY.  But it's not terrible--I can get by. But there is *NO* signal at my summer home in Rocky Point, NY, overlooking Long Island Sound.  These days, it should not be necessary to pay for a land-line for a summer bungalo. We've been waiting and hoping for many years for Verizon to improve coverage.  Will it ever happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Waiting for wireless covereage for many years...
patchelect
Enthusiast - Level 2

If it's any solace, I had VZ for many years prior to buying a vacation home in the Berkshires. (I live in Patchogue) VZ coverage at the condo was zippo. I had spotty coverage even in the general vicinity. I challenged VZ and they couldn't give me assurance that changes were coming so I jumped ship to AT&T. As of a few minutes ago, I checked a coverage map on cellreception.com and found that VZ must have boosted their coverage in western Massachusetts because what was formerly a region dotted with white spots for no coverage or pink spots for maybe coverage, has become a totally red zone! I have had my AT&T for a year on August 15th and if I wasn't folish enough to sign up for a two year contract, I'm bailing on them. Their coverage is absolutely horrible on my drive to and from MA. No signal at all on NY Route 22. Can't call, be called, or check data. That's about 25-30 percent of the entire trip! No I'm not a driving phone user, those miles are when my wife is at the helm!

Maybe VZ will be upgrading soon. I can tell you that they couldn't/wouldn't tell me of any impending changes last year when I was looking around so even if they are building it right now, you son't find out until your reception suddenly improves!

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Chris42,

I definitely can understand your need to stay connected in your summer home.  I don't see that this is a reported no service area, but I would like to receive more information from you.  Do you not receive service anywhere in Rocky Point or is it only when you enter the home?  Does this take place indoors and outdoors?  Do any VZW devices receive service there?  Along with the info above can you please PM me your name, mobile number and the address of the summer home so I may further assist.  Thank you.    

0 Likes
cedler

We had the same problem with using Verizon in our home. I called the several times until one person figured out that we were on a Verizon Tower. Once she rerouted us to an Alltel Tower which is closer to us  , the phone works fine.

0 Likes
CTM99

In the area along Soundview Drive between Grove and Vine, it's particularly bad.  If one goes south* a few blocks (toward the center of town)  it gets  better.  *There is a slope going up and then down again; it seems to be just enough to hide us and our neighbors from cell reception.  Visitors with Tmobile, for instance, have no problem.

0 Likes