WHY IS THERE ZERO COVERAGE IN RURAL FRANKLIN COUNTY, ALABAMA
Bamanana24
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is ZERO SERVICE, TOTAL DEAD ZONE in rural Franklin County, Alabama. between Russellville and Red Bay, Ala.  I have a lake home in this area and cannot even make an emergency call or text.  There is excellent AT&T coverage in this area.  There is an AMERICAN TOWERS cell tower located at the intersection of Hwy 247 & County Rd 21, Russellville, Al. 35653. which is on the west side of TVA's Cedar Creek Reservoir . There is NO COVERAGE at this location.  I have called customer service and they opened a ticket for investigation but of course it did absolutely no good.  I need to KNOW if there are plans to add services to this area, if not, I will be forced to change my service to AT&T.  I am a loyal and good paying customer. I do not want to change to AT&T.  I had a contact number for a Tech person that called me once and told me that there was a plan for adding service near this location but did not get into the 2016 budget.  I lost the direct number and cannot call this Tech.  I need to know if Verizon has plans to add service in 2017.  PLEASE PROVIDE SERVICE IN RURAL AREAS!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WHY IS THERE ZERO COVERAGE IN RURAL FRANKLIN COUNTY, ALABAMA
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can take years to design and get the required approvals to add a new tower to cover an area. It might be simpler to add Verizon Wireless to the third party tower, but that depends on the agreements that company has with its "existing tenants" and the negotiations between the tower owner and Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The local government in rural Franklin County, Alabama. between Russellville and Red Bay, Ala. should be consulted. They are the ones who determine if VZW can put up a tower.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

After looking at the coverage maps of Verizon and AT&T, if I were to spend a good portion of my time in Franklin county, AL, I would certainly go with AT&T. AT&T has MUCH better coverage in that area.