Vz protect device software modified, phone may be at risk?!? Please help!!
Gmoney12534

Just popped up on my phone recently!! Please help I need to know if I should reset my phone or not.  I run scan and it doesn't finish it just says device software changed may be at risk.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Vz protect device software modified, phone may be at risk?!? Please help!!
Snn5
Legend

This is a very common pop up on users' phones that use the Protection app.  It is usually just an ad for Verizon's premium pay service and nothing more.  What was the exact message and what did it suggest you do?  If it was vague or no other error or instruction, or if the phone has not actually acted suspicious, then it is most likely nothing. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gmoney12534,

Most importantly we want to make sure your phone is safe and secure. What kind of phone are you using? When did this issue start? Did you install anything new to the phone prior to this message popping up? Once we have this information we then decide what the best route to take.

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This is a very common pop up on users' phones that use the Protection app.  It is usually just an ad for Verizon's premium pay service and nothing more.  What was the exact message and what did it suggest you do?  If it was vague or no other error or instruction, or if the phone has not actually acted suspicious, then it is most likely nothing. 

0 Likes