Voice Mail time stamp
NotTom

Since Verizon upgraded my voice mail, the "received" time stamp during playback on the voice mail is the time zone of my area code which is different from my current and billing location; but, the "received" time stamp in the "envelope information" is correct -- the time zone of my current location and billing location.

How can the "received" time stamp be corrected?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail time stamp
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NotTom,

That is an excellent question. Let's take moment to review together. What phone are you using? When did this start?

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NotTom

Phone is SCH-I545
Android 5.0.1

Started after setting up my voicemail after it was upgraded to Visual Voice Mail (VVM) system but I do not subscribe to VVM. The voice mail servivce was changed 10/1/2016

0 Likes
shirazp_vzw
Verizon Employee

We absolutely want to make sure you can enjoy having your voice mails. Do you see any errors when trying to access the voicemail? What happens when you dial your voicemail?

0 Likes
NotTom

Since I am using only standard voice mail, NOT Visual Voice Mail, I do not see any errors.  When the voice mail message is played, the time stamp stated is in the timezone of the area code of my phone number (not the time zone of the billing address or my current location) and the time stamp stated when I press 5 to get the "envelope information" is correct -- the time zone of my current location and billing location.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I will guess that you never changed your service address from the original address where you got your phone number as it likely matches the area code of the phone number you have. The service address and the billing address can be two different addresses.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NotTom

I too thought it might be the service address but the service address is the same as my billing address which is not the time zone of the time stamp during playback.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes