Voice Mail Access
gamehawk

I am trying to update my Voice Mail.  When I dial *86, I get "your call cannot be completed as dialed".

What do I need to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice Mail Access
deloused
Master - Level 3

I believe what the representative meant to say next when asking if dialing your 10 digit number worked to access voicemail was ‘If not’ instead of ‘If so’ to have you perform that next step of- dialing *73 and press send(will beep three times and hang up). This function will turn off whatever incorrect call forwarding setting going on for your number and route your incoming calls to voicemail instead of to the invalid number currently occurring when you don’t answer a call

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've reached the right place to get your questions answered. What type of device are you using?(Make/Model)

Also I'm curios when was the last time you accessed your voicemail successfully?

JoelD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gamehawk

Customer Service,

I have an LG Model UM2515 and I have not been able to access voice mail for

months.

I get a prompt stating "your call cannot be completed as dialed, please

hang up and try again making sure to use area code".

I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

[removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's really strange, gamehawk. Let's figure out what's going on. When you dial your full 10-digit number from your phone, does it allow you to access your voicemail? If so, please dial *73 and press send(will beep three times and hang up). Once done, try dialing *86 again to see if you're able access the voicemail. Keep us posted.

ShawnteJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gamehawk

When I dial my number from my phone I still get the message "your call

cannot be completed as dialed".

Thank for continuing to try to help resolve my issue.

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 8:43 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I believe what the representative meant to say next when asking if dialing your 10 digit number worked to access voicemail was ‘If not’ instead of ‘If so’ to have you perform that next step of- dialing *73 and press send(will beep three times and hang up). This function will turn off whatever incorrect call forwarding setting going on for your number and route your incoming calls to voicemail instead of to the invalid number currently occurring when you don’t answer a call

0 Likes
gamehawk

Thank you for the *73 tip. It worked and I have set up my voice mail.

Thanks a bunch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gamehawk,

We're glad to learn that *73 worked to get you the access you needed for your voicemail and that you were able to get things set up! We'll always here to help again if you need us. Thanks for being a part of the Verizon family.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes