Visual Voice Mail subscription error
psilver1

I recently switched to a LG G2. I set the phone up and declined the option to add visual voicemail. Each time I go to my voicemail on my phone when I am using wifi, I get an error message stating that I need to turn off my wifi to complete the subscription process. I turn off my wifi and load my voicemail app, but there is no option to complete the subscription process. Instead, I have two options; subscribe for $2.99 a month or call voicemail.

How can I get my voicemail to work while I am still using WiFi?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Visual Voice Mail subscription error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

psilver1, Let's get your voicemail issues resolved. The visual voicemail subscription icon will appear and you will have to tap call voicemail. This is how the device is designed to function. A quicker way to access voicemail is to dial *86 or go to your contact list and tap voicemail. Also, you can use  the troubleshooting link and select your device for other troubleshooting tips. http://vz.to/12TLCsR  Let us know if this helps.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
psilver1

The visual voicemail icon does not appear. Just my standard voicemail alert

icon appears. I've never had visual voicemail, nor do I intend to ever have

it while there is a charge associated with it.

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

psilver1,

Thanks for the additional information! Have you attempted to dial *86 to access your voice mail messages from your phone? If so, let us know if this allows you to access and retrieve voice messages.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
psilver1

Yes, I can access my voicemail while my phone has its wifi turned on using

*86. However, I still cannot access my voicemail using the voicemail

application while my wifi is turned on. To access my voicemail using the

voicemail app, the phone asks me to turn off my wifi in order to complete

my visual voicemail subscription process.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The "app" IS Visual Voicemail.  So if you don't want to subscribe, don't try to use the app to access your VM. Just dial *86, or set a speed dial (typically speed dial 1 is set to your voicemail.)  If you are outside your home area or in extended network, *86 will not work, you need to dial your full 10-digit number to access your voicemail.

Another option is to use YouMail (which does have an app to access your VM's) or Google Voicemail; both have free versions with features like Visual voice mail, and I've used both.  They both work well, but take a little bit of set up.  Well worth the time spent though, to have some nice features, and free.