Vibration notification
girldavis

On the verizon messaging app the vibration notification no longer work, why is that please fix.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Vibration notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

girldavis - Thanks for providing that device information. It helps a lot. We have seen where the vibration feature hasn't been working for some S6 models after the latest software update while using the Verizon Messages+ application. This has only been shown to occur if the S6 device has the Power Saving Mode turned on under Settings>Battery>Power Saving Mode. We are working with Samsung on a fix for this issue so that the Power Saving Mode can be enabled and the vibration notification will work in conjunction with the Verizon Messages+ application.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's ensure the feature is working properly! Which device are you using? Please ensure your notifications have vibrate enabled from the device settings.
Tyler_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
girldavis

I have the s6. Never touch the settings for the notifications since I had the phone. Reading the reviews a lot of people are having this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to go ahead and troubleshoot your device. Please clarify the make and model of your phone so we can get started.

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
girldavis

Samsung galaxy s6

0 Likes
hazelnus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Galaxy S6 and since the Verizon Android 5.1.1 update, I cannot get notification sounds or vibration with incoming SMS messages on my third party messaging app. (Chomp SMS).  Restarted phone, checked settings, nothing works.  It only works for the stock messaging app.  Chomp says they are only seeing this with Verizon customers that installed 5.1.1 update.  Please fix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

girldavis - Thanks for providing that device information. It helps a lot. We have seen where the vibration feature hasn't been working for some S6 models after the latest software update while using the Verizon Messages+ application. This has only been shown to occur if the S6 device has the Power Saving Mode turned on under Settings>Battery>Power Saving Mode. We are working with Samsung on a fix for this issue so that the Power Saving Mode can be enabled and the vibration notification will work in conjunction with the Verizon Messages+ application.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

hazelnus
Enthusiast - Level 1

My problem with third party and (chomp SMS) is also while in power saving mode.  Thank you.

Emmyboo1133
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had this same issue on numerous txting applications not just Verizon Messaging. I have attempted to use chomp and textra as well.

0 Likes
Zak02199

This is also happening with the stock alarm app. This is not acceptable.

0 Likes