Very slow speeds since upgrading to Unlimited Plan
windyridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

We upgraded to the Unlimited Plan effective November 28 and since that time our speeds have dropped dramatically.   We  live in rural area in Zip 72131 with very little traffic.  Here are examples of our speeds today.  This is just unacceptable, especially since  we cannot go back to our 12 gig plan which had great speeds.  We have spent 24 hours trying to download ONE movie and just finished.   Before we change carriers, is there anything we can do or Verizon can do to fix this!?

IMG-2044.PNG

Labels (1)
Re: Very slow speeds since upgrading to Unlimited Plan
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which unlimited plan did you switch to?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DAVSON44
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, not to be critical but based on what you said it's possible you are using too much data.  You do realize unlimited isn't really unlimited right?  They don't limit your data but they will eventually limit the speed at which they feed it to you it's all in the fine print.  I think over 22 GB and they start throttling you when bandwidth is needed for others.  Your downloading movies and if you do that frequently you will certainly reach that threshold.  You are also using your phone as a hotspot and I think the threshold on that before they start throttling you is 5 unless you were on the unlimited plan before they restructured it in which case it is 10 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).  Verify you aren't being throttled and then others can possibly help diagnose further.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is 15 GB of LTE high speed hotspot data before you are slowed down to 3G speeds for the remainder of the billing cycle. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

windyridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unlimited GO Plan

windyridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Of course we realize the limitations of the plan.  We've used 8 G this billing cycle.  At the time we were trying to download ONE movie, we had used 2.   So, to answer you, NO, we are not using too much data. 

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

windyridge wrote:

Unlimited GO Plan

Please go back to the website and see the terms of the Go Unlimited plan. You will see that you can be de-prioritized while on towers that are congested. This is regardless of your current amount of usage?

windyridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have discussed with Verizon and have been told that the congestion problem only occurs on the GO Unlimited  plan .  Living in a rural area, this tower is unlikely to be congested, but being lumped in with all others on the GO Unlimited plan will certainly cause congestion problems.  The options were to go to NEW Unlimited plan for $10 more a month or to go to 16 gb with guaranteed 4 G service.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Your response doesn't make any sense. Please elaborate on "being lumped in with all others on the GO Unlimited plan will certainly cause congestion problems."

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

windyridge wrote:

Unlimited GO Plan

The Go Unlimited Plan has restrictions on the hotspot usage with it being restricted to 600 kbps maximum speeds for all hotspot data. The Beyond Unlimited Plan has the 15 GB LTE hotspot data limit before the data is restricted to 600 kbps (3G speeds).

0 Likes