Very poor coverage in Leland, NC
phony-smartphone

We have moved here to Leland, North Carolina (28451)  from Utah and our single strength and quality are very poor. We can't even use our phones in the house without the calls constantly being dropped. We see cell towers reasonable close by but when we come into our neighborhood our calls drop. I was told that there is a number I can call and Verizon will send out someone to verify the signal quality. Is this true? I spend over $300 a month for cellular service and I can't even use it in my own home.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very poor coverage in Leland, NC
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@phony-smartphone

I can definitely understand your concerns with not having reliable service in your new home area.  I would like to address your wireless concerns.

Has your experience with service been this way since you moved to this area?  How is service when you're outdoors at this location?  What model device are you using?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phony-smartphone

Yes the service has been poor since moving to this area over a year ago. My phone is a 2015 model Moto-X Pure Edition. My daughter's phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6 and My wife's phone is a Moto Droid. In all three cases as well as with our few neighbors coverage is almost non-existent. I have called support several times and opened cases with no resolution. According to the coverage map our entire area should be covered in 4G LTE service but in practice the signal is barely reachable. I live in a gated community still under development. According to the Tower map there is a tower less that 3 miles away but it either is not working or the antenna is radiating in the opposite direction because no one in this area gets a strong signal. Calls are always dropped and the only time my phone is functional is when I am in my home and use my Samsung Extender that I had to pay for. The agents in the local realtors office don't even bother using voice because Text is the only way they can communicate. I have applied for a tower at this location but have heard nothing. The property owners/managers I have spoken to would be more than happy to have a tower on this property to provide good coverage but so far Verizon has not offered any solutions.

0 Likes
mikeclancy

i live in brunswick forest and the service is absolutely terrible.   a tower is needed.  FYI BF is off 17 in leland .    There are around 3k homes here and everyone complains about the cell service especially Verizon.   It needs to be addressed.   The woman at the verizon store said yeah we know the service is terrible there but nothing is planned to fix it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all the details, mikeclancy. We know it's vital to have a great connection everywhere, and we'd love to find the best solution to this situation. Please tell us more about the situation. Does the service improve away from home? Is it only indoors?  ~Aaron

0 Likes
droz67

He already shared the details as did the others.  That's getting a little ridiculous. Why don't you just buy us all Extenders?   It would be cheaper than actually investing in your network.  

I sent a direct message to your team two months ago and have yet to see a response.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

droz67, our goal is to make sure you have a reliable connection. I just sent you a private note, please reply to our message. ~Aaron

0 Likes