Very frustrated with Vtext.
Annabee87
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Am very much frustrated with Vtext. I think your server for this might be down because myself and a number of friends are having issues with it. Please contact tech support and make sure it is up. Every time we go to log on, the circle in the middle spins and spins and the messages never load but an error message comes up on the screen reading "your request has failed, please try again later." vtext has worked for me for months with no problem, now all of a sudden it is having problems. I have tried signing on from multiple computers and decides and clearing all history, cookies, cache, etc....please make sure your server is working. I need to be able to access my messages and so do my friends. Again, I can't even describe how annoying this is.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very frustrated with Vtext.
ronsec
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem. It started on August 11, 2014.  I get the "Your request has failed. Please try again later." message when logging into the Verizon Messaging web application.

Here is what I did to troubleshoot it:

I verified that I can log into the MyVerizon account successfully.

Verified that the feature was set up correctly.

Cleared cache and history on my browser.

Tried two different browsers - same result.

Tried a different computer - same result.

Tried from a mobile device - same result.

It is definitely on the Verizon end.  I called their tech support and of course, got no results as usual.

Verizon creates and promotes all these features, you get dependent on using them, and they stop working.  Then, of course Verizon can't resolve the issue.  I'm shopping around when my contracts are up.  For the premium price we pay for Verizon I would expect better stability and support in their service.

0 Likes
Annabee87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I am having the exact problem. I am traveling abroad and have been relying on Vtext and it just stops working! I have tried everything you have tried as well, so I agree that it is on Verizon's end. The thing is, I have been using the feature for months without any technical issues. I have called tech support twice and they promise the problem will be resolved. Still having the same error message. Would you mind letting me know when your problem is resolved? I thought it was just me!

Thanks,

Anna

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Annabee87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you been able to get this problem resolved?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
ronsec
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, as of today 8/13/2014 at 4PM Eastern Time the problem still persists.  My ticket number with Verizon tech support is (removed) and I have not received anything back from them at all.  I reported the problem originally on 8/11/2014.  Once again Verizon tech support fails to deliver.  I can not wait until my contract is up.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There's no need to consider another wireless provider! World class customer service is right here ronsec. May I ask are you logged into Vtext with your My Verizon username and password? Are you able to navigate and use other services on our website? As you share the details then we can get this resolved for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
elesadevon

I am having the same issues also since the 11th.. having no cell signal while home I relied on vtext web app for communication. . Now NOTHING !!! I've tried all said troubleshooting as above as mentioned along with tech support and still NOTHING !!! When will this be fixed ???

0 Likes
elesadevon

"Your request has failed. Please try again later."

I can access everything else on vzw.com . Messages is the only thing not functioning.

0 Likes
Annabee87
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue is definitely on the end of Verizon. Especially since 3 (know) people are having the same issue since August 11th. Today, the issue still persists. I have logged into my Verizon and everything else is working except for the messages. Instead of focusing on individual accounts, work with your tech team and see what is wrong with the server. This is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Annabee87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same with me. I have tried everything. I was on the phone with tech support for over an hour last night and still see no results. For me, this issue also started on August 11th in the morning. Verizon's tech team and customer service really need to pull it together here, otherwise they might lose some customers. Poor poor service. Shaking my head over here.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes