Very disappointed in Verizon Wireless customer service
ScottHobson

I have been a Verizon customer for about 10 years.  The customer service is now the worst it has ever been.  I have an upgrade due and i wish to bill my account.  They say I cannot because my account was past due ONE time in the past six months. Past due for probably around 10 days.  They say this is the reason why.  When I point out to them that this is not their policy they do not care,  they refuse to let me bill it.  Their policy on their own FAQ clearly states:

What determines if I’m eligible for the bill to account option?

The following requirements are used to determine bill to account eligibility:

You must have a standard monthly account* for at least six months.

The maximum amount that can be billed to an account per bill cycle is $400, and the transaction can’t exceed this limit for your current bill cycle.

Note: The limit includes pending and recent transactions billed to your account by phone, online or in-store during your current bill cycle, For example, if you purchased a $100 item in-store and billed it to your account earlier in your bill cycle, your online bill to account transaction can’t exceed $300.

Your account must maintain a good payment history. (YES)

The account can’t have been interrupted for non-payment within the last six months. (IT HAS NOT BEEN)

The account can’t be more than $24.99 past due. (IT IS NOT)

The account must be permitted to make payments online. (IT IS)

Your account can’t currently have a security deposit. (I DO NOT)

The phones on your account can’t be interrupted for suspected fraudulent activity. (NOPE)

You must be the Account Owner or an Account Manager in My Verizon and process your transaction from the Upgrade Device page.

No where does it state what they have told me.  I have a good payment history, I have not been interrupted, I owe no money.  As far as

I am concerned I qualify just fine but they refuse. 

At this point its the princible of it, Would I like to upgrade?  Sure!  But I wont, just based on the fact that I should be able to bill

it to my account and they refuse. 

My contract is up in November,  I will cancel and i will go to another carrier because basically the customer service and their

refusal to abide by their policy and correct this has completely turned me off.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very disappointed in Verizon Wireless customer service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

One past due late payment in the last six months doesn't equal a good payment history.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

flutterfly8499

The good payment history, as Ann154 states, means payment on time monthly. Instead of voiding a customer's "good payment history" for a late payment six years ago, for example, they instead limit it to the past six months. And the six months to wait for good payment history to be restored begins on the day the late payment was made. The policy might not suit what you want, but VZW is adhering to the guidelines with every customer. Telephone agents aren't able to change bill to account status, either.

0 Likes
sars1138
Enthusiast - Level 3

scotty you should maybe pay your bill, why would they let add to your tab or bta if you cant pay your regular bill, that is just bad business, I don't know of any business that would allow delinquent accounts to add more charges to it if it is past due.

0 Likes
Cloudlv9
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Your account must maintain a good payment history. (YES)"

LMAO! How is being late maintaining good payment history? Very confused... just pay your Bill.

0 Likes