Very Unsatisfied
Sheldiz

On Monday my iphone got the black screen of death and I took it to the Apple store but they could not fix it and told me I needed a new phone. So I rushed over to the nearest Verizon store to see what I could do. They tell me I can't get a new phone because the next available upgrade in  our account isn't until 2 more months. I am a college student living away from home and the account holder is my dad, so I gave him a call from within the store to let him know what happened. He then calls customer service and speaks with someone who lets him know that they will allows us to get an early upgrade. So, I go over to one of the employees and let him know that customer service approved for us to get a new phone. He then checks the notes in the system and says that customer service did not mention anything about the upgrade (this happened twice). Frustrated, my dad calls customer service again, and customer service calls the store location that I was in, and adds me to a conference call between me, a supervisor, and my father.The supervisor then asks to speak to a store manager to try and get him to sell me a new phone, the store manager denies the request, and our only option after that was to order a new phone through headquarters and have it delivered it to me through expedited services at no cost. The supervisor takes an entire hour just to set up the order! and after 3 and a half hours of this entire dilemma, he guarantees us that the phone would be delivered by Wednesday at the latest. On Tuesday, my father realizes that no charges have been made to his account, so he calls customer service, yet again, only to find out that the supervisor screwed up the order and it was not placed! He spends another hour setting up the order for a second time and having it confirmed. Wednesday morning rolls around, and once again he notices he hasn't been charged for the order and calls again to confirm that it had been placed, and thinking that they possibly could not be as IMBECILIC to mess up an order TWICE. Lo and behold, the order was never placed So there he is, talking to customer service for the third day in a row. The woman apologizes and says, "It was our mistake, and to make it up to you and I've written in the system that you or your daughter can go to any Verizon store location and buy a phone immediately." I drive from my university to my home city and go with my father to the Verizon store, but when we get there, there is a wait of at least 45 minutes. I had to be in class in an hour so he said, "Just drive back and go to the Verizon store by your campus. Either way, customer service said you can get it at any location." I get to the store and they tell me to wait ANOTHER 45 minutes!! Then when I finally get helped (and missed class), the store manager said he did not approve customer services' request and that they won't be selling me a phone!! At that point, after over 6 hours of our lives wasted, I take it out on the manager. Saying, "Why am I, the customer, being punished for YOUR company's screw up? What am I supposed to do now? They guaranteed that I would have the phone by now, and that I could get it at any store!" What does the JERK say?? "Sorry, you're just going to have to order a new one and wait for it to be delivered to you because I'm not selling you one."
The hell with VERIZON!! I can't believe it takes FIVE days (If I'm lucky) to get a new phone. We're paying for it and they still can't manage to satisfy our request.

Long story short, stay away from Verizon.

Labels (1)
Re: Very Unsatisfied
pherson
Champion - Level 1

No.

Long story short is, you were being granted an EXCEPTION but, I'm assuming maybe you were trying to get another iphone, which CANNOT be allowed an early upgrade to, which is why orders were denied. In the future purchase apple care or device insurance. (removed)

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Sheldiz

Actually, we did have insurance and like always, it covered nothing. And why is it that 3 different customer service associates promised me a phone? Why make "exceptions" that they're not going to go through with? If they are such good employees shouldn't they have known that the orders were going to be denied? Why make false promises? That is where the dissatisfaction comes from: creating false hope, wasting my time, and having me drive around the city like an idiot. A company that lies to their customers is not a very good one, in my book.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I feel for your situation, however if you search this forum the "exceptions" for an early upgrade are not really exceptions.

The phone personnel are telling you one thing and then stating the store will take care of you. Now as a reasonable person you would think since this is one and the same company if telephone service says give or sell you a device why then would a store manager over ride that promise? My guess is you were being placated to just get you off the phone (father) Apple as I pointed out in another thread is not stopping your upgrade it is Verizon's policy.

The service you were given was not always this way many years ago. With 99% cellular penetration the service providers who should be trying to keep you as a customer just don't care. You can go to another provider but they know churn in and out will happen. You are now a number. Verizon has 120 Million customers. How many are complaining?

Good Luck

(removed)

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sheldiz wrote:

Actually, we did have insurance and like always, it covered nothing. And why is it that 3 different customer service associates promised me a phone? Why make "exceptions" that they're not going to go through with? If they are such good employees shouldn't they have known that the orders were going to be denied? Why make false promises? That is where the dissatisfaction comes from: creating false hope, wasting my time, and having me drive around the city like an idiot. A company that lies to their customers is not a very good one, in my book.

If you had insurance coverage, why didn't you go through Asurion or Apple Care and pay the deductible? The insurance isn't handled through the Verizon Wireless store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

04paula
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are right sorry I must have been cranky ..pherson

0 Likes
Not applicable

It happens to all of us Smiley Happy

I am cranky all the time...must be my age is showing

0 Likes
04paula