Verizon won't admit billing error
speedbump001

Just got the phone with Verizon supervisor. Verizon made a 30 dollar error and won't give me my money back. I have had good relations for the last 2.5 years, but am going to switch phone company due to this incident.

Question: Anybody else notice a change in the way customer service operates? I pay extra money for the great service, but with getting cheated out of 30 dollars I see no reason to stay with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon won't admit billing error
Not applicable

What was the thirty dollars for? You do not say.

Did you upgrade your phone? $30 upgrade fee or maybe you went over on data? $10 to $15 overage fees for that.

Don't just spout off you have a billing error. Call *611 or 800-922-0204 and speak to the billing department.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

As Elector has said, you do not say what the $30 was for.

If you don't want to call CS, you can simply look at your bill to see what the $30 was for. If it was for an upgrade fee, that is not a billing error if you upgraded to a new phone at a discount in exchange for signing a new contract and made the purchase at a 3rd party retailer. If you would have upgraded at a corporate Verizon store, the $30 would have been assessed at the point of sale.

speedbump001

To explain myself better .... nope, nothing straight forward such as you suggest, wish it was that simple.

To  make a long story short, after discussion of credit card used to pay a  bill Verizon said at the end that all was good and that "It was like it  never happened." This means all is in good standing and that the settled  dispute left me in good standing. You know, like nothing had happened.  Good. I felt relieved that the problem was fixed.

Fast forward a  couple of weeks. Phone service is cancelled due to lack of payment on  accounts. $30 dollar charge. Verizon said there was nothing they could  do. I talked with finance dept. and their manager. Still they could not  undo the charge, even though it was there fault for telling me two weeks  prior that all was good. They dropped the ball.

I have been with Verizon for 2.5 years now and have always paid my bills. This is the first time there was a problem.

I  have paid extra and stayed with Verizon for their customer service.  They have helped me in the past numerous times with both my Droid and  Razor phones.

But now I must look elsewhere because Verizon told me all was good and charged me $30 dollars to hook service back up.

I  know they think they are right, but after looking at my notes with the  conversations I had with them they are wrong. What makes me want to look  elsewhere (contract is up on one phone) is that they would rather not  give me my $30 and loose me as a loyal customer. Rather short sighted of  Verizon if you ask me... really poor customer service.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

What I gather is there was a payment issue which caused the lines to be suspended due to non payment.  It generated 30 in reconnect fees. Im assuming 2 lines on account.  And they are saying that they cant or wont reverse the fees. Is that correct?

Its the customers responsibility to have correct payment info, not Verizons.  They cannot babysit every customer. Being told nothing ever happened can be misleading but payment issues are detailed in the bill and contrsct. The fee is non reversable and is standard no matter what company you choose. Live and learn.

Not applicable

I would agree on your statement. Verizon evidently won't remove the reconnect fee of $30 but will let a customer walk with $1200.00 a year in phone charges. although it sounds dumb but if everyone did it they would lose much more than $1200.00 so I can see Verizons business decision.

The original poster will now have to find a service and pay full price for a new device, and it will be a higher pay out initially but the other cell carrier will gain that $1200 a year and make $800 on selling the device to them.

0 Likes
speedbump001

Verizon is wrong and I am right. Time to move on.

Republic Wireless!! MotoX phone $300 and only $25/month unlimited!! coming soon.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Wow. Your mistake but vzw is wrong. Ok. Musical chairs until no wireless company wants you. Go for it.

speedbump001

*In this case Verizon is wrong, and I am right. Verizon said all was good, but whoever said that to me must not have followed through with the rest of the Verizon team...didn't write down the correct scenario...poor internal communication.

*I bought my first cell phone and two year contract in July, 2011 from Verizon. I bought a second smart phone a year later. Verizon is the only company I have been with....always appreciated their service...until now. Verizon is the only cell provider I have ever had.

*An analogy would be, say, in a restaurant. In advance forgive me if the analogy is not 100% correct, but you will get the idea. So here goes!! Verizon is the restaurant and I am a loyal customer, I have only eat at this restaurant for the past 2.5 years. Salads always good.  I am served a salad with a bug in it. The waiter says no problem, you get a free meal and a new salad. I come in another time two weeks later, and order the free salad. The manager refuses to honor the free salad. I have to pay for it.  Instead of just giving me the salad and keeping a customer the manager does not honor the freebie and so looses me as a customer. The restaurant (Verizon) went back on what they said to me earlier. I go to a different restaurant and find the salad there just as good and less expensive. Otherwise I would have just kept eating salads at the first restaurant and been happy to do so.

*Verizon' business model fails in this case and is not in its self interest. Nobody believed what I said, frustrating to me...disappointing.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Your analogy is irrelevant and unwarranted. You did not pay byour bill on time; you got suspended. All of which is in your agreement. Get over it. Noone dropped the ball but you.

0 Likes