Verizon wireless employee dropped my phone and shattered my screen. Verizon will not replace phone unless I pay 250.00 cash for a replacement. Verizon Wireless will lose my business in October when my contracts are up. Great Cell Service, Awful Custome
SchwatzzzDRK

I went to a local verizon store to ask some questions about my bill.  Once the issue was resolved I asked the employee to take a look at my phone because it was running slow.  When I went to hand it to him he pulled his hand back to answer a call and my phone dropped  and hit the ground.  I picked it up and the screen was shattered.  The employee right away denied any fault.  I was on my lunch break so after 15 minutes of arguing with the guy he tells me he would give me a $100 credit on my account so I could pay the local mall dealer to fix the screen.  I left because I had to get to work.  I called verizon and they seemed ok with replacing my phone even after I offered to pay the upgrade price from the website.  They said they would call back the next day for shipment arragements but never did.  I finally get ahold of them again and they then proceeded to tell me that it was going to cost me $250 for the phone through the sales department that I was talking too.  I told them the price on the website was $99 and they told me that they could not price match.  I could keep going on but just trying to see if anybody else has had this happen to them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon wireless employee dropped my phone and shattered my screen.  Verizon will not replace phone unless I pay 250.00 cash for a replacement.  Verizon Wireless will lose my business in October when my contracts are up.  Great Cell Service, Awful Cus
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's the contract price of the phone not the retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon wireless employee dropped my phone and shattered my screen.  Verizon will not replace phone unless I pay 250.00 cash for a replacement.  Verizon Wireless will lose my business in October when my contracts are up.  Great Cell Service, Awful Cus
phonejunkie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a similar incident happen but with AT&T. I went had my wife go into an att store and take my phone to get the sim cards switched and since I was at work I was unable to go. Well my galaxy s4 had an otterbox case on it and the guy started to take it off and was having trouble so he used his employee card to start prying on it. My wife knows how anal I am about little nicks and scratches on the phone so she asked him to allow her to get it. He then insisted he could get it. Well she had called me at work while this was happening and I explained to her that the case had arrows pointing to the clips that had to be unclipped to get it off. Well long story short, she brought the phone back and I opened the case to inspect it and what do you know, that are marks up and down the phone and really bad marks at the precise location of the otterbox clips with the arrows. So I called the Manager the next morning and she was totally helpful even when the sales rep said there was no way he damaged the phone because he did not use any card or anything on it. They exchanged the phone out with a new one in the store and gave me a new otterbox as well. I would recommend talking with the store's manager.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon wireless employee dropped my phone and shattered my screen. Verizon will not replace phone unless I pay 250.00 cash for a replacement. Verizon Wireless will lose my business in October when my contracts are up. Great Cell Service, Awful Cus
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

OK, I gotta ask; why did you leave ATT? Because I'm thinking about switching to them when my Verizon contract ends in November.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon wireless employee dropped my phone and shattered my screen. Verizon will not replace phone unless I pay 250.00 cash for a replacement. Verizon Wireless will lose my business in October when my contracts are up. Great Cell Service, Awful Cus
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

pzjagd1, we want to change the way you're thinking! Why would you consider leaving us?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes