Verizon wireless Trade-in Scam
charliedd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Be careful! Verizon Cheats customer for trade-in

I just bought 3 new phone from Verizon wireless at Lawrenceville, NJ store.  The sales associate asked me to bring back my old phones to the sore for trade-in credit/gift card after the purchase. For good working conditions phones: iphone 5 for $200 and any other phone for $100.( Either on website or in the store, if you do not trade-in your old the same day you purchased new, your trade-in online appraisal value is 50% less, However, the store still promised to give full value and the same Verizon website says that you trade-in later, It is a red flag here!)   I traded in 2 good condition iphone 5 and one non-Verizon phone.  I was promised by the store manager for $500 total ($221 for a gift card and $279 for account credit). After more than 2 months, the account credit still did not show up. Called the customer service and the customer rep called the store manager. Shockingly, the store manager denied any of his promise for the account credit.  I will go to the store personally to face the manager.  If he still denies  (most likely), Does anybody have good suggestion what actions to take?  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon wireless Trade-in Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

charliedd,

That's certainly alarming to hear! We always want to make sure you get everything you are supposed to. We're glad to help with this. Have you been able to check the status of these trade ins online? http://vz.to/1iKQGy1 It can sometimes take 2-3 bill cycles to receive the credit but we want to make sure it is processing correctly.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
charliedd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:

The issue has been resolved. Thanks.

Advice: Talking to a person face to face is 100% more effective than phone or webchat

dvb0378

I had a similar experience. Read "Never ending nightmare after switching to Verizon Wireless"

0 Likes