Re: Verizon - why bother selling known junk?
21stNow
Master - Level 1

spamuback wrote:

It would be difficult for them to say they weren't aware of the problems when so many are posting complaints and returning them - but they continue to sell them anyway. If 88 out of 100 people recommend against buying a product because of the issues they have with it - I'd debate it qualifies as being know "junk" any day - and although I appreciate your playing the devils advocate if they defend their position claiming ignorance that they're selling complete junk - there are 12 people of each 100 sold that get one that works as advertised.

There is a fallacy of reasoning here.   There are 12 people out of 100 who left an online review that would recommend the phone.  That's a big difference.  People log on to complain all the time (see your own post as an example).  People rarely log on to say how great a product is.  Be honest, if every phone on Verizon Wireless' website had a four or five star review, would you have started a thread titled "Verizon Sells the Greatest Phones"?

Re: Verizon - why bother selling known junk?
spamuback
Enthusiast - Level 3

I suspect that a number of them thought they were making an informed decision and wanted something basic either because they couldn't afford a data plan or would not use it opted for a phone from their basic lineup - or trusted an e-mail or phone call from a verizon salesperson only to find themselves with junk and joining the majority.

Others were probably thought as another poster mentioned, that people are more likely to post a negative review even though every phone would have mostly negative reviews if that theory was correct - so they took a chance thinking that it might be a quality product, and that their purchase would be the exception - but it's true that they shouldn't believe any salespersons recomendation without researching the product elsewhere. Guess I'm playing the devils advocate in feeling sorry for the little old ladies that are victims of believing that companies stand behind their products and wouldn't continue to carry products that left so many others unsatisfied - junk.

0 Likes