Verizon unlimited plan
Shamymax

One of my two old 3G phones broke and I plan to buy a used 4G lite replacement. Will this action affect my unlimited data plan? I've read that using a dumb phone changes the plan and you have a limited time to replace it with a smart phone. Thanks for any information.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon unlimited plan
Believe_me_I_am_a_Pro

It shouldn't affect your plan. the 3g plan is now the 4g plan, so your 3g phone is on an unlimited 4g plan. 4g is already activated on that line, its just not being used if the phone isn't LTE capable. just activate new phone, no plan changes should incur.

**I say "should" because I cannot guarantee**

just call Verizon support and speak to a rep. they can assure you of what is going on.

I suggest asking to speak to a manager so if anything does happen, its the managers fault and they can fix it one way or another.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon unlimited plan
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As log as you keep a smartphone on the line with unlimited data and you don't use the upgrade or change the plan, you should be able to keep the unlimited data plan.  If you activate a basic phone on that line, the unlimited data plan will be dropped from the line.  You can request an inactive pricing change to get back the unlimited data if and only you activate a smartphone on that line within 14 days of originally activating the basic phone.  You do NEED to call in to customer service and request it and to get the note on the account so it can be processed quickly and correctly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes