Verizon tricked me- now I've retained an attorney. Sub account fraud?
Liesag83

ive been. Customer for years. A few months ago I recieved an add for a free tablet for $10.00 a month. I didn't have a computer at the time so I figured why not. I continued toget my monthly bills with fees. 6 months later i recieve a collection company notice for $800.00. I called Verizon who explained that I opened a "sub account" and never paid....I never agreed to this. And I do not understand how if I didn't pay for 6 months that I never received any bills, letters, or calls. But if im past due on my main account by three days I'm getting notices.

NOw now my phone is completely busted and I'm due for an upgrade. Verizon refuses to honor it because of the charged off account. if I would have known i accidently opened this account I would have paid it! i was never notified. Now my credit is being effected. I've tried numerous times to speak with Verizon's charged off apartment but my phone keeps getting disconnected. I'm T my wits end. I feel I was tricked than never contacted to pay and now it went right to collections. Any advice??? My attorney is looking into where to send the letter too. Thank you!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon tricked me- now I've retained an attorney. Sub account fraud?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Just to understand...

Was the $10 a month tablet charge going on the sub account and not on the main account? It's just so past due that there are astronomical charges making it $800?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon tricked me- now I've retained an attorney. Sub account fraud?
Weth
Legend

Agree with MiiHere, it really comes down to this: Were you paying the $10/month plus taxes for the tablet or not? If not, you knew it should be there and never inquired what was going on. If you were paying the $10/month then the question is what was on the sub-account?

0 Likes