Verizon trade in program
fabi_madrigal7
Enthusiast - Level 3

HI, I RECENTLY DECIDED TO SWITCH TO VERIZON WIRELESS AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE $200 DOLLAR TRADE IN PROMOTION WHEN YOU PURCHASE AN IPHONE 6. TURNS OUT THEY GAVE ME $36 DOLLARS FOR MY PHONE. I AM VERY UPSET AT THE FACT THAT I BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT THEM FOR THE PAST 3 DAYS AND THE ANSWERING MACHINE KEEPS GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND AND THEN HANGING UP. I HAVE ALSO TRIED TO CONTACT THEM VIA EMAIL SO FAR NO RESPONSE. MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE THAT IS TRYING TO TRADE IN THEIR PHONE, JUST DO IT IN PERSON SOMEWHERE ELSE. OBVIOUSLY THEIR NOT OWNING UP TO THEIR WORD. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED AND I'M STILL WAITING ON A CALL BACK THEY PROMISED A WEEK AGO. IF THEY CANT FIX THIS I WILL BE CANCELLING MY PRE-ORDER, CANCELLING MY IPAD. YOU REALLY DONT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY THAT LIES TO YOU FROM THE BEGINNING.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon trade in program
fabi_madrigal7
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I have sorted things out, and Verizon has issued me the original appraisal. I had to wait a week but I am extremely happy. To everyone that is having trouble getting a hold of them please be patient. The best way to contact them is via e-mail and might take up to a week to get a response. Thank you.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fabi.madrigal7, welcome to our wireless family! We're so honored that you chose us. Let's take a closer look into this trade in matter. Where you advised or provided with an explanation of why your device was appraised for $36.00?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

fabi_madrigal7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi yes I was. It said device does not power on. My device does power on. The only issue its the power button is a little hard. It does not click as before but if hold for 3 secs, it powers on. I actually took it to a Verizon and was aprraised at $200. I have been trying to call customer service at Verizon trade in program 1 877 247 3846 and answering machine keeps giving me the run around and then hangs up. Its been happening for days.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fabi.madrigal7,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with getting assistance from our Trade-In Support team! If you are having trouble getting connected by phone you can also submit a request to be contacted by email by selecting "Contact Us" on the webpage: http://bit.ly/GGnDDC

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

fabi_madrigal7
Enthusiast - Level 3

No! I am sorry YOU have no better solution than that. I have tried every way possible to address this issue, via e-mail, phone...so far 1 week no answer and counting.

fabi_madrigal7
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I have sorted things out, and Verizon has issued me the original appraisal. I had to wait a week but I am extremely happy. To everyone that is having trouble getting a hold of them please be patient. The best way to contact them is via e-mail and might take up to a week to get a response. Thank you.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fabi.madrigal7,

Happy to see this has been sorted out! I apologize on behalf of Verizon Wireless for any delay in getting a response from our Trade-In Support team. Thank you for your patience and thank you for being one of our valued customers!

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

KBMBFLW
Enthusiast - Level 2

This trade-in program is a real problem.  I have called the Verizon Wireless Device Recycling Program Customer Support at 877-247-3846 numerous times and the message says, "We are experiencing heavy call volume," and then hangs up on me.  My emails to support@online.trade-in.ezw.com (or support@online.trade-in.zzw.com) have bounced back.  Couldn't figure out if the phone said ezw.com or zzw.com.  Have called Verizon Wireless support directly - twice - and they don't know what to do.  My recommendation:  start calling Verizon Wireless directly and complaining.  The trade-in service is a subcontractor, but Verizon Wireless should make good on their trade-in and trade-up to iPhone 6 promotion.  Verizon Wireless - *611 from phone or 800-922-0204

fabi_madrigal7
Enthusiast - Level 3

The best way to get a hold of them is through their e-mail. It does take them up to a week to get back to you. I finally had my issued resolved but it did take some time.

0 Likes
StacyLLL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there,

What is the correct email to contact?  I am experiencing the same exact scenario.  I used the Contact Us page and sent a very unhappy message after trying to call and getting hung up on.  Very disappointed!  I want to make sure that my email gets through.

Thanks

Stacy