Re: Verizon trade in program
dragonluvr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here.   I sent in a perfectly good and in working order Iphone 4 (I was not doing the upgrade, just mailing it in for $40)  The program finally showed it was 'received' but it was labeled as being broken, cracked and didn't work.   Well when I put the phone in the envelope they (the program) sent to me, it was in great condition and worked just fine.

I just got off the phone with Verizon customer service (had to go up to a supervisor level) and they at least credited me my $40 after explaining to them what has happened.   There is no way for the customer/consumer to track the package through the USPS. 

This program is not a good one at all and I for one will never use it again.   Now to wait and see if they tell me the same thing about the old android I mailed in (for $9)

LRBrown
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like this sorted out for me.  Same exact issue.  Thank you.

KBMBFLW
Enthusiast - Level 2

After many calls and emails to the program, I finally got a response:

I was also told to go to a store to trade my other phone in, but make sure it is an official store (there are many that are not able to evaluate and accept phones).  This program has been very disappointing.

Here is the contact info:

Verizon Online Trade-in Support <support@online.trade-in.vzw.com>

Greetings,

Recently you contacted the Verizon Device Recycle Team about the status of your device trade in. In that inquiry, you mention the device was sent back to us.

The end to end process from date of submission to the date we provide an e-gift card usually can take up to four to six weeks. This includes two to three weeks for inspection and processing from the date of receipt at our warehouse.

Due to a great response to our recent promotion, there may be delays in processing. This in no way will affect the promotional value of the device you sent us.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Verizon Device Recycling Team

Regards,

Verizon Wireless Device Recycling Team

Mrsshoper
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK...I sent in my trade in phone, iphone 4 (no s - just basic iphone 4).  It was in WONDERFUL shape.  My husband kept it in an otter box the whole time he had it.  It had been over 7 weeks since I mailed it in and it was still saying "not received".  I started to worry that either they got it and won't admit to having it or it was lost in the mail somewhere and I couldn't prove it was sent.  Either way...I was worried I was going to be out of the trade in value of $200.00.  After reading all of the horror stories about people not getting the full credit (just today actually).  I went and checked my e-mail and there was the confirmation (finally) saying that they had received my phone and it was processed and I would be getting the appraised value of $200.00.  I know this doesn't help anyone but I just wanted to state that I did have to wait a long time but I am getting the $200.00 promised.  Maybe it's because of all the complaints??? 

twinmom1023
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish I would have researched first, because after mailing my perfectly working iphone 5 in and it taking several weeks for an update- I had a feeling that I was being screwed. Upon my research I see that others have been ripped off too. My husband and I both sent in our iphone 5's which we were quoted $200 for. He received his gift card two weeks later, full $200. I received a gift card via email a few weeks after his for $36. I tried looking up why online but the status of the trade in didn't update until a couple weeks later. The reason for $36? Phone wouldn't power on. Which is complete bull crap because I used the phone that morning to transfer all of my pictures to my new phone. If Verizon checked to see the last time the phone was used they would see that it was used the very day it was mailed. The last time we upgraded our phones we did the trade in at the store with no problems. This time, we were told it has to be done online and can't be done in store. If it had been done instore I wouldn't be out a $200 iphone. Does anyone know if you can request cancellation of the trade in and have your phone sent back? I can't get in to the line on the trade in website, I'm on hold forever. I've been a verizon customer for nearly 5 years and have never been screwed over this bad.

Oslo1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

VERIZON IS RENEGING ON TRADE IN VALUE ON THE IPHONE 6 AND 6+ TRADE IN PROMOTION

. My phone was in 100% operation and not a scratch on it. Instead of

the $200.00 trade in allowance they said it was damaged and missing

parts. 3 weeks now no reply to email

and no return call from customer service.AS PROMISED  Instead of $200.00 they said

it was worth $75 a $125.00 difference..... multiply that times ONE MILLION Trades. I am sure there were more than a million traded in, or upgraded

They just STOLE from  their customers 125 MILLION DOLLARS 

Oslo1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear No getting the phone back......a soon as you surrendered it to the USPS you lost any chance of getting your phone back....and as for the $200 your probably not ever going to see that either.... there are a handful of duplicated reasons (generic) reasons / responses that are in fact a lie and are built into the Verizon plan to make millions from being dishonest about the condition of each of the phones traded in........14 yr customer......5 lines under my plan.....I dont care how much better the area coverage is that Verizon provides......I am switching to AT&T at the contract end for each of the 5 lines..... I will not be lied to and discredited by Corporate Greed. Yes our hands are tied ....on this deal and we are at the mercy of Verizon......but moving forward .....I AM DONE

SIJDKG
Enthusiast - Level 2

100% with you Oslo, I sent in my iphone 5 which was less than a year old and had been kept in a otterbox case the whole time. was promised $200 and received a gift card for $76. Called on it for the past 3 weeks. First excuse was it was scratched and dented, Really? it was less than a year old and in perfect condition. Got hold of the trade-in department today and this time they said the sim card tray was missing! They have an excuse for every phone call but cannot keep track of which one they told you previously. Oh and the terms and conditions means they will not send you the old phone back to prove anything. After 14 years with Verizon, I am done.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SIJDKG We surely don't want to end 14 years of business with you. Phones are thoroughly inspected and the $200 is an estimate. We understand your feelings about the trade in and apologize for the inconvenience
Aside from the trade in, how has Verizon Wireless been working for you, overall?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
SIJDKG
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone traded in was less than a year old and in perfect condition having been kept in a case the whole time I had it. Don't ever contact me with such a condescending email again. Dealing with my problem with emails like that is a big part of Verizons problem.

Simon Davies