Re: Verizon told me they were going to waive my etf, I have it in writing, and now they are denying it!
Snn5
Legend

I wasn't assuming, I was explaining and still...this doesn't look like too long of a read and is informative, to say the least:  Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless  IDK, some might think it long, but it sure helps to have read it before signing ehh?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon told me they were going to waive my etf, I have it in writing, and now they are denying it!
rcschnoor
Legend

wsard107 wrote:

You are playing semantics with everyone reads their contract, how many pages of fine legalese print must a customer bear before it gets too overwhelming for even a lawyer to understand.

Actually, I think most people assume very few read their contract. In fact, I don't think there is ANYTHING in the contract regarding your insurance provided by a company independent of Verizon.

I DO assume everyone should read their monthly bill or face the consequences that you are not getting what you THINK you are getting OR getting billed for something you DO NOT want to have. THAT is on the consumer if they do not check their bill.Smiley Happy

Edit: Just checked and there is NOTHING in the customer agreement about insurance.Smiley Happy

wsard107

So you say that Verizon prays on the ignorance of their customers not to check every bill for accuracy and not to read the constantly changing customer agreement? Now I have seen the true Verizon for what they are I can see their expectations of their customers. Buyer be ware, should be the heading. Customers like feeling that there is an honest relationship, a good faith that the company they purchase goods and services off of would be making rules and decisions based on a provider customer based agreement, where the customer is happy and so is the provider.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

wsard107 wrote:

So you say that Verizon prays on the ignorance of their customers not to check every bill for accuracy and not to read the constantly changing customer agreement?

You certainly like to put words in people's mouths. I am saying Verizon DOES NOT add something to your bill which you do not request. YOU thought you would automatically be charged for insurance. YOU did not ask for it. IT was not on your bill.

I have simply said insurance is a cash cow for cellular companies. WHY would they not automatically charge it? Because it is an opt-in feature. Most people do not want it. Verizon does not force it on you and hope you do not check your bill to determine you are being charged for something you do not want.

IF you want it, check your bill to confirm you have it. You have 30 days after a purchase to add it after the fact. This option to add insurance AFTER the fact is because you cannot always purchase it UNLESS you make the purchase at Verizon. For example, purchasing a phone directly from Apple does not give you the option of adding Assurion insurance because Apple would prefer you opt for Apple Care. Verizon allows you to add the insurance AFTER making a phone purchase at Apple for this reason.Smiley Happy

For Verizon to automatically add it to your bill WITHOUT the consumer asking for it WOULD be Verizon praying on the ignorance of consumers to check their bill to see they were being charged for something they did not actually want and have no knowledge they could use it if they needed it. FORTUNATELY, Verizon does not pray on the consumer like this.

0 Likes
wsard107

When I purchased a new contract phone, the representative would ask me, or not, if I'd like to continue the insurance and I would agree or just automatically expect it and every phone always had insurance. Then when Verizon started carrying the IPhone the insurance became almost impossible to in-role in, if you had found out they never rolled the insurance over. Just like other services like unlimited data had gone out the door and was no longer available, or you had to wait for an enrolment period to sign up for insurance.

0 Likes