Verizon shutting people off during Covid-19 pandemic
Venomhail
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon has gotten a few people I know fired from their jobs during this pandemic because of service shut off.  Interesting fact is, is these people weren't even late on their payments.  I know of three people personally who lost their jobs because of Verizon doing this and a few, including my girlfriend, who nearly lost their job because of Verizon threatening her for not paying(before her due date??).

Verizon, you are one shady garbage MF to be messing up with people's lives during a pandemic.  You won't answer your phones for people because you're too swamped, yet I get hold of a woman after 15 minute hold and she's on the phone with her boyfriend?????  I WILL be either forming or joining a class action against you when this is done.

Re: Verizon shutting people off during Covid-19 pandemic
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Venomhail

We truly understand that this crisis has impacted millions and are here to assist. FYI Verizon will waive late fees to June 30, 2020, and will not terminate service to a customer who's been impacted by the events involving the Coronavirus. Here is a link to the FAQs https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/covid-19-faqs/ Please see #1 under Important policy information and special offers so that you can sign up for this assistance (as we must be notified if assistance is needed). EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
Venomhail
Enthusiast - Level 1

How about a blanket policy??

How about instead of forcing people who are struggling to come to you, you just do the right thing and help everybody.  Then "accidents" like this wouldn't happen.  

I assure you, Verizon will be the first replacement I make after the pandemic is over, you've shown your greed.

mama23dogs
Legend

@Venomhail wrote:

How about a blanket policy??

How about instead of forcing people who are struggling to come to you, you just do the right thing and help everybody.  Then "accidents" like this wouldn't happen.  

I assure you, Verizon will be the first replacement I make after the pandemic is over, you've shown your greed.

All carriers signed an agreement with the FCC, and they are all following the agreements.    Not everyone is out of work. And even those who are are receiving unemployment or compensation so they can still pay their bills..   
FYI, prepaid has no bill.   (People seem to think it does). Prepaid is like getting soda out of the vending machine you have to pay first and then product is dispensed. There is no option not to pay for prepaid services.   

0 Likes