Verizon’s Trade In Program is Broken (Verizon Damaged My Trade In Phone)
joebruin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, entertain me that I’m telling the truth: I did send in a phone that was in mint condition. 

• After about 6 weeks, I noticed my bill didn’t deduct the trade in value. So I had to look it up and saw $0.
  • No one notified me.
  • Spent hours on chat and they send me a photo of a broken glass phone; something that was not there before
  • The bubble envelope they sent me probably wasn’t protective enough especially during the holidays
  • Still haven’t seen photo evidence that it was my phone (probably is mine)
  • Now have to submit a claim with UPS (I have to submit this claim)
  • Won’t send the phone back so got $0, so can’t salvage it and sell it on a 3rd party marketplace

So all in all, Verizon got me to buy a new phone. And they got my iphone 7+ for free which is probably worth something. My son could have used it as a video player…

Why are we on Verizon again?

Re: Verizon’s Trade In Program is Broken (Verizon Damaged My Trade In Phone)
Ice8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately you are one of thousands that VERIZON has stolen from. Don't kid yourself you will never get any resolution. This is a SCAM and Verizon knows they are doing this. Thus far they count on us all going away and forgetting about it. 
They will reach out to you and act like they are concerned but all they will do is stall and lie. Never a refund never a return phone. NOTHING! 
Many have been jerked around before you. 
call your local news team to investigate... call the BBB a report this. Eventually this scam will get turned out! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joebruin, I see that we sent you a Private Note earlier to take a closer look at your account concerns. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the authentication of your account in private. LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ice8, I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience with our trade-in program. To confirm, trade-in boxes are photographed upon receipt, and you are provided additional photos in the event that your device is found to exhibit damage. To ensure that we're on the same page, did you have any issues with your trade-in? We're here to help.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
Ken00
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a very similar problem with Verizon's trade in status. Its been 7 weeks since UPS tracking shows Verizon received my trade-in phone. I've spent nearly 2 hours talking to Customer Service (Tom and Andrew) and it is now another 4 weeks for them to clear their back log of tickets for appraising devices. 

I would change from Verizon, but have to wait because they have my perfectly good trade in phone and I'm waiting to see if I get my trade in credit.

Very frustrating.

0 Likes
Daniel888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever get a resolution from Verizon?  I am about to be in the same boat.  Did a trade in, valued at $700.  Shipped the phone using Verizon’s prepaid UPS shipping label.  UPS picked it up.  I happen to check the tracking the next day and now it says UPS damaged it.  I called Verizon and they are requesting that UPS call me in 3 to 5 business days for next steps. I guarantee next steps is me filing a claim on the package with UPS and maybe getting $100. I’m sure Verizon doesn’t buy any extra insurance on their return labels.  

0 Likes