Verizon "cancelled" my order but my order status still says "in progress"
morganeliseyates
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spent 2 days trying to order a new phone through the My Verizon app for in-store pickup and when the order finally went through it was not actually placed with the store. Nearly $900 was taken from my account. I understand that refunds can take a couple days, so that's fine, but I still don't know whether or not my order has been truly cancelled. My order status still says "in progress" even though I received my cancellation message nearly 12 hours ago. Nobody can tell me anything about my order or whether or not it even exists. I've been on the phone with Verizon for hours at this point and have gotten nowhere. Is my order actually cancelled? Can I go buy a phone in person or will that mess me over even further? This entire experience has been terrible and I'm going to switch carriers if this doesn't get resolved soon.

Re: Verizon "cancelled" my order but my order status still says "in progress"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are a valued customer and we do not want you to consider a move from our Verizon family, morganeliseyates. Let's check the status of your order further. You mention that your order status shows as "in progress". Are you seeing this status on your My Verizon wireless account?

What do you see for status if you check online at this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/cust/orderStatusIndex#/)?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
morganeliseyates
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's been weeks and still nothing!! $900 missing from my account and nobody can even cancel the order. The order still says "in process" no matter how you check the status. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a company. I need a refund for the order that got messed up by Verizon. I cannot just have hundreds of dollars taken from me!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would love to look further into this. Please send us a Private Note, and we can look over your account and order. We can review everything going on to make sure you are taken care of. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
hcbrown
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just had this same problem. It was a hot mess, and hopefully your issue has been resolved by now, but the answer was to call the Online Order Team (866) 338-7390 and ask them to go in and CLOSE the order. It has been cancelled but not closed so the pending order will sit there forever until they do that one step. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting the correct order status as soon as possible. Please tell us, was this order for a new line of service or an upgrade for an active line?

0 Likes