Verizon "Recycling" is A Ripoff - Has anyone got them to change Value back?
slomo24

I sent in a ZTE Zinger into the Verizon Recycling Program about a three weeks ago. The appraised value I was given was a $100 Verizon Gift Card. I had actually recently bought the phone at a discount and thought hey I can actually make a little money by sending this in to Verizon. So I took the phone out of its NEW packaging and placed it in the prepaid box that Verizon had sent me. I literally had only used this phone once for maybe an hour. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. So I go on to send the box into Verizon and after about a week they say they have it and confirm the original $100 value with the following email:

Hi slomo24 ,

Thanks for recycling your device. We've inspected it and have confirmed that the appraised value is accurate.
Your Verizon Wireless gift card will be emailed to you
within the next 2 weeks.

For additional information, visit our website.

Download a Verizon Resale Tax Form for your records.

Thanks for participating in the Verizon Device Recycling Program.

Device Recycling Information

Submission Date:
04/13/2015

Submission ID:

Device:
ZTE Zinger

Appraised Value:
$100.00

However, I later received an email basically stating that everything imaginable was wrong with the phone. They email said the screen was broken and not functioning properly and that the removable battery was physically damaged and that the new value is $0.00. It is clear that Verizon is now lying and just doesn't want to cough up the gift card. So my question is, has anyone had any success getting Verizon to reverse their fradulent claim about the phone's value after using this program?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon "Recycling" is A Ripoff - Has anyone got them to change Value back?
sjmcvm84

slomo24 hi was your issue ever resolved?

0 Likes