Verizon needs to get their act together when it comes to pushing phone updates.
Ethanacho

Why is it that Verizon is always the last to push out updates, and never tell you when, or even if they are going to. This infuriates me beyond belief. I had a HTC Thunderbolt that I got when it first came out, and never once did I receive an update over the two years that I had it. Now I have the Lumia 928, and GDR2 has been released on all carriers except Verizon.

If you share my frustration, lets make Verizon know it so that they'll get it together and actually update their phones when the updates are released from the OS developer!

>>Profanity removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon needs to get their act together when it comes to pushing phone updates.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wait a minute. Is your HTC Thunderbolt still running FroYo (Android 2.2)?

I hope not. There have at least three or four OS updates on the Tbolt to get it to Android 4.0.4 OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon needs to get their act together when it comes to pushing phone updates.
TechSupportMachine
Enthusiast - Level 3

PRL updates are pushed by Verizon Wireless. These are essentially lists of inter-carrier towers that allow you to connect to those towers. Any other updates are pushed by the manufacturer based on their own scheduling, often based on serial numbers. Typically, an update will be available to the carriers at the same time, you should be able to manually pull the latest update (assuming it's been made available) or call the manufacturer for further assistance with getting it.

0 Likes
corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

Well, I was impressed that the GDR2 update came so quickly from Verizon for my Nokia 928.

Very happy about that! Smiley Happy

I am not so happy about what they disabled on my phone with the update. Why disable anything? What privileges could we abuse?

0 Likes