Verizon is trying to avoid promotional credit
SYV

I Ported 4 lines from another carrier to Verizon in Dec 2014. According to the promotion they were supposed to credit $150 for each phone number brought in. They just credited 2 and the other 2 there are excuses every month and false promises that it will be taken care within 24 hours which of course doesn't happen and I wait for another billing cycle to realize that it was just a hoax. Now today the excuse is that the 2 lines mentioned were not ported in.

I have spoken to supervisors too. Absolutely no recourse. So disappointed with their service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon is trying to avoid promotional credit
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SYV, first I would like to thank you for bringing your business to Verizon Wireless. We want to make sure you are getting all the promotions you were qualified for. What phones were purchased on the lines in question. Did you do the Edge program on all these lines? The two lines that were ported in, were they ported in on the same account as the other two phones that recieved the credit?
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Hmmmm. I ported a line in from AT&T to my already existing account. I got my credit in 3 weeks.

Were the lines ported directly or did you have a VZW issued number to the last 2 lines and then port the new numbers over that?

0 Likes
SYV

I transferred 4 lines to Verizon. The numbers that didn't get the credit is [removed] and [removed] which were formerly [removed] and [removed]. Yes I did the Edge. Yes all the lines are on one bill and one account.

Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You should not post your phone numbers on the public forum.

Here is the deal. You have to port the number in the transaction when activating the line. Since you have a Verizon Wireless issued telephone number and then you ported your number over it, it does not count as a port in. This, I am sure, is one of the limitations of the promotion. Why is it that you did it this way?