Verizon is harassing me, how do I get them to stop?????
hubbsgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm at my wits end.  I've tried everything.  This is my last attempt to find some kind of solution before I resort to the expense of a lawyer.

Apparently at some point in the mists of the past, a person who worked in my building used my number as an alternate contact number on their Verizon account.  I have no idea why they would do that, but it's nothing I ever agreed to and have no control over.  That person has since left his job, and is no longer in my building, nor do I have any idea where he went or how to contact him.

Apparently, he's since stopped paying his Verizon bill.  And now, Verizon is calling ME.  Every day.  And every single time, I tell them that they have the wrong person, he's not at this number, and I have no way to contact him.  I've gone through numerous phone numbers, numerous 'supervisors', endless hours on the phone trying to get them to STOP CALLING ME.  Every single time, they apologize and say that they're removing my number.  I've even said I don't believe them because it never works, and I get "this time it will work." 

Guess what?  I just got another call.  Again.  At work.  This is harassment pure and simple.

Verizon.. I CAN'T HELP YOU.  I am not, nor have I ever been, responsible for this person or his bill.  I have no way to contact him.  Nor is it my responsibility to do so!!  You've been told.  You keep harassing me.

Do I need to start filing complaints with the attorney general, better business bureau, whatever agencies I can find?  Is that what it will take to make you stop?

And WHY OH WHY, should I continue being a customer, after the way you're treating me?

FIX THIS NOW.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon is harassing me, how do I get them to stop?????
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Block the number

0 Likes
hubbsgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh believe me, that would be a nice simple solution.. but they call from multiple numbers.  Trust me, I've thought of the easy options.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If they block the number they could miss important communication about their own account.

0 Likes
hubbsgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've filed complaints with the BBB and FCC.  Next step is a lawsuit if this isn't resolved.

0 Likes
hubbsgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

...and the Attorney General. 

I'm serious.  This will stop one way or the other.

0 Likes
Sagibranch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Before hiring a lawyer I would tell them if the calls don't stop you will be filing a complaint with the states attorney general, consumer protection division.  In the past when I have had issues with any company (though thankfully never Verizon) & told them I would be doing this the problem is immediately resolved.

0 Likes
mary2125
Enthusiast - Level 3

I heard someone on a talk show one day talking about getting results from large corporations.  They said the most effective way is to post your grievance or request on the corporation's Twitter complaint page.  I've never tried it, but they claimed it was very effective.

0 Likes
hubbsgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I said that to "Michelle" at extension 8117 who was supposedly a supervisor, when they woke me up Saturday morning.  She swore I wouldn't get another call.  Sunday was blissfully quiet, then it started up again today.  So apparently no threats will work.

Today, I did file a complaint with the Attorney General.

hubbsgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't use Twitter.  However, I might see if there's anything on FB.

0 Likes