Verizon is charging me $20 more a month for their mistakes and refuses to fix it.
Chrisanne27

I have called retention, and and normal customer care many times and they say that they are unable to fix it. They gave me a one time $40.00 credit (still not posted to the account yet)... and talks to me as to say"okay, go away now..."

Here is the story...

I needed a new sim card for my phone, and the corporate Verizon store tells me that they are unable to activate the new sim card after an hour+ of waiting (Sunday). They get an agent on the phone to help with the sim card switch. The agent on the phone tells me we do this all the time, and nothing is going to change, price will be the same, and nothing will be lost. I will still be able to keep my plan just the way it is. They then tell me it will take 48 hours because they have to submit a ticket to have the change done. It is now Tuesday (after calling in to check the status), they tell me it was rejected because no-one read the notes. I spoke to a supervisor and he (Reggie) insures me that he will call us back and it will be fixed. We never received a return call, however the  plan was returned back to the way it was (we thought)... but we had to look at our on-line account to see this. The bill came due and it was 20.00 more than last month. We thought it was just an account offset and called them to have it fixed. We/I were surprised to see that when they added our data feature back in it was $10.00 more a month. We told them that we were told by more than one account rep that there would be no change, and that everything would be the same. They said they have no way to put it back because the code is no longer in the system and the only way to have it back is at the new price. This is what customer service told us, and retention both. After taxes, we are now paying an extra 20.00 a month just to have a new sim card (and their mistakes).

I honestly thought that if you pay for quality, you get quality... I found this not to be the case..... I think Boost Mobile, or Wal-Mart Family Mobile will give me the same level of customer service I received from Verizon so far....

My best friend is already contacting the BBB, FCC, and even local news networks because of this...

We are very very upset about this... being a long time customer and being treated this way.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon is charging me $20 more a month for their mistakes and refuses to fix it.
Snn5
Legend

Maybe I'm missing something:  You wanted a new SIM card, which is free at corporate stores, or by ordering online in My Verizon, or by calling or Live Chatting with a support rep.  Yet, VZW couldn't do this?  And, changed your plan?  For a SIM card?

Activating a SIM can also be done in all the above ways as well.

I feel like I'm missing something here, but don't want to assume any info was left out.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is charging me $20 more a month for their mistakes and refuses to fix it.
Chrisanne27

I switched smartphones. The handset told me I need to get a new sim card. The rep in the store told me the sim card was free... but everything said above was what happened while trying to get the new sim card activated.

Does that help?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, I guess the SIMs were different sizes?  If they ere the same size, swapping the SIM to the new phone would activate it, and if not, the above methods to contact Verizon would work.  If not, they shouldn't have given you flak over getting a SIM.  Were you trying to activate a Verizon-branded phone?  What phone did you switch from and to?

0 Likes
Chrisanne27

iPhone6 to Samsung S5. All Verizon Branded.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I believe those are different SIM sizes, nonetheless, no changes to the plan should have occurred, unless you had gotten an upgrade on 2 year contract and then the plan would change and incur a $40 upgrade fee.

0 Likes
Chrisanne27

Yep, you are correct. I would not have taken the time to make this long post if I did not know what I was doing. I have worked for another mobile phone provider at the corporate level for close to ten years. I have a very strong understanding on how things should and should not work in the retail, and corporate world when in comes to customer and operational services.

I ask myself, how many other people have Verizon did this to....?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I went in less than a week ago to make sure my SIM was working properly, and got the attitude from the "greeter" at the door who registers your presence on their tablet.  They have no triage-type of service there at my corporate store.  No matter if it's a bill, a SIM, an activation, a new sale, or a tech issue.....they can't seem to get the quick cases out first or delegate to a set team for each day.  It's more like a free-for-all and luck of the draw, with each rep taking on a different role with each customer, instead of staying on track doing one thing at a time in a store with what the front door person said as "50 an hour" when really...its much less.  But alas, agendas are in play.

0 Likes