Verizon holding their customers reliable.
Alyona
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, I have pretty long story

I've been a Verizon customer for quite a few years and always justified high cost for good service I was getting.

Unfortunatelly, my experience today when I called Customer Service made me extremely dissapointed. While I was thinking that I'm maing a simple call to confirm my identity, everything turned out in a huge issue leaving me fill taken advantage of with zero help or understanding from SC representative and so-called supervisor. My attempt mto get transfered to manager or anyone able to solve my problem got denied. Hopefully I'll get some attention here.

After makig a last payment on my Samsung Galaxy I've purchased new Iphone8 Plus on September 15th, ordering procces went smooth and easy.I shipped my Samsung back I was wondering why I wasn't getting any updates or notification on that return, later I figured out that all e-mails about MY orders were sent to my husband's email address(that he rarely usess), even though I'm placing the order, there is my email on file AND I'm the original account holder, CS rep helped me to change that settings since all my attemts failed.

Knowing that newer IpnoneX suppose to be coming out very soon after that I got curious about upgrade options available since I've never done it before. Ever since Verizon offers Chat Now service it has been my number one choice if I have any issues or questions, getting answers from SC never being easier. So, On October 20th I started chat with CS representative, asking what is the possibility of upgrading my Iphone8 to a never model when it becomes available, rep. said that i CAN upgrade for a never model of apple product, and was thrilled to hear that no additional charge except $30 restocking fee will be charged. Unfortunately some technichal issues interrupted that chat and I did not get a chance to get it transcripted to my e-mail, but since I got my question answered I decided to check some next time if it possible to retrieve previous chats.

Even though I was very satisfied  with my phone at that time I could not resist such a great offer of having a nevest model available at no charge. As soon as IphoneX became available for pre-order on October 27th I went ahead with ordering it. On November 15th I got my IphoneX delivered andd could not be happier.

Couple weeks after that I wanted to pay my bill using Verizon app and was shocked with $637 bill due this month. Wasn't really able to see bill details in  the app, so next day I logged in to Verizon website and started the chat to figure out what is $395 one time charge is for, this time I got transcript of our quck chat sent to my e-mail and here it is:

Your chat recap

Reference number:

[removed]

Chatted on 12/03/2017 at 16:05:19

[removed]

Next day I called the provided number to get the credit applied since due day coming up soon.

To my surprice CS rep told me over the phone that this charge is not for failing to return device to warehouse on time but thats the price I have to pay since I upgraded my phone too early. I was sure that she's mistaking something but she insisted on that. I explained her that I asked for assistance from other rep online and he told me I don't have to pay anything extra, also 2 other reps confirmed that this charge is going to be credited back as soon as oroginal device get to warehouse. Rep on the phone put me on hold and after some time repeated the same, after what I asked to get transfered to supervisor, she said that talking to supervisor will not change the situation since I'll be told the same answer.

And I did. When I told her that I have documented prove of getting absolutely different information from 3 different representatives and was guided by that while making decisions on upgrading and trusting Verizon Customer Support, because THAT"S WHAT IT"S FOR,  all what she could say is appology for misinformation from other repps.

After going over and over the same topic I was still accountable for multiple repp's failure to do their job!

I wouldn't be even thinking of getting a new phone with that extra charge, considering that my phone at that time was about 1 month old!! But I've being fooled by multiple representatives and assured till the last moment that $395 charge will be credited back!

Supervisor had absolutely no possible solution for the issue. And since I was not happy about it at all she offered why don't I just return the phone if I don't want it like that. I accept that offer right away and requested a return kit to be shipped to me asap. A moment after that "supervisor" said that she actually has too check if I'm eligible to return the device, and, I wasnt since it was too late and reffused that it was HER originally offered returning device as a solution!

She accused me in lie about the very first chat with rep online(how convenient, that the one that I didn't get transcripted!!)

I got absolutely useless customer service, that holding customers reliable for their own mistakes!!!

I don't need anything from this people but to take that phone back and terminate my servises!

I have ZERO interest continuing my services with Verizon neither my family!

Account #[removed]

Content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)